Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimchi in Galway

Options
  • 01-09-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests....
    Anyone know anywhere in Galway selling Kimchi. Had it in Korea a while back and have a hankering

HB

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't think Galway is that cosmopolitan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry for that I think you need to go over to Dublin.
    Korean BBQ on Capel street, Dublin
    Kimchi on Parnell street, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Olive down in the Wa Café at the docks may be able to sort you out, she teaches Korean cooking as well afaik.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yes, Wa restaurant by the docks have a Japanese chef. And they have done Korean weekends in the past. So they're your best bet.

As an aside, Kimchi is definitely one of them foods that splits opinion. You either like it or you don't. One of the most pungent foods I've personally ever tasted.

OP, did you live in Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

hamsterboy wrote: »
    As the title suggests....
    Anyone know anywhere in Galway selling Kimchi. Had it in Korea a while back and have a hankering

HB

Reminds me of this class from The Simpsons:

Skinner: "The year was 1968. We were on recon in a steaming Mekong delta. An overheated private removed his flack jacket, revealing a T-shirt with an ironed-on sporting the MAD slogan "Up with Mini-skirts!". Well, we all had a good laugh, even though I didn't quite understand it. But our momentary lapse of concentration allowed "Charlie" to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew made of fish, vegetables, prawns, coconut milk, and four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just can't get the spices right! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 123pblack

Hi Guys,
    Just new here, I wish there was a Korean Restaurant in Galway ((((But there kind of is))))
    Olive is the Korean girl in galway that sells Kimchi and it's the real deal:-)
    She also gives a recipe with it for making the Kimchi Jigae (stew) which is very simple to make.!

Her take away food is lovely too, her website is
    <snip, don't post to advertise businesses -moderator >
    or the mobile below.

She has a cool way of doing things, she lets you decide your own menu, any Korean dish available and European too....Il often get kimbaps, Bimbibap, Dak Galbi or Bolgogi and Italian Carbonara it's amazing every time :)) She also sells the sauces to make your own...
    Her number is <No numbers allowed, read the charter before posting again - moderator>
    I went to the Korean Food fest she hosted last time in Wa, it was great,
    Thread about it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70418253

Hope this helps!!
    BW
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

My mate told me they sell kimchi in one of the Asian shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 123pblack

hyperbaby wrote: »
    My mate told me they sell kimchi in one of the Asian shops.

Asian markets have Chinese Kimchi
    (with added msg)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wa sell Kimchi but it's just a wee portion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement