Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sloggi men's briefs - anyone know a bricks-and-mortar stockist?

Options
  • 01-09-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I'm well aware of the online shops that always dominate search results (and online's shopping's no problem for us). It's just that if there's a choice, my husband prefers to interface with a human.

We're near Ardara/Killybegs (and get to Letterkenny occasionally).

I couldn't find a place in boards.ie for shopping queries/info (apart from threads under other subjects, e.g. computers). Is that because there isn't one, or because I need a coffee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could try this thread but most (if any) replies will point you to an online store or alternatively somewhere in Dublin maybe.

You could also try the fashion and appearance forum but could end up with the same result as above. In any event the forum appears to be more for the wimmins ;)

We'll see what happens here though.

Sorry I cant help myself as Im more of a commando type and have the zip marks to prove it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    You could try this thread but most (if any) replies will point you to an online store or alternatively somewhere in Dublin maybe.

You could also try the fashion and appearance forum but could end up with the same result as above. In any event the forum appears to be more for the wimmins ;)

We'll see what happens here though.

Sorry I cant help myself as Im more of a commando type and have the zip marks to prove it :D

I can predict what happens here after your last sentence;

man_vomiting_icon_116392.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks muffler.
    Not sure about Bargain Alerts though (finding somewhere to buy the things at all may be enough of a challenge for now).
    I didn't think many buyers of mens underwear would frequent Fashion and Appearance, though I may be wrong?
    (I had searched that forum, though).

Yes, homer (the things men do for fashion!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Have you tried Mc Ginleys (Kbegs), Mc Cabes (Ardara) and Magees (Dgl town)?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TK Maxx might be worth a look if you're in Letterkenny.

• Advertisement

Thankshairyprincess. I don't think McCabes has ever had them, but will double-check.
    Haven't tried McGinleys yet, or Magees (think I'll just ring them at this stage, & save a bit of trekking).

Thanks byte! I should have mentioned I saw a remark somewhere that TK Maxx 'sometimes' stocks Sloggi. I'm hoping to get to Letterkenny this week anyway (& TK Maxx is always my no.1 priority!).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Only places here that seem to stock them on a regular basis is Debenhams and House of Fraser (not sure if either are of any use).

Thank you for the suggestions Sheep Shagger. According their websites though, the two between them only seem to have 1 shop in this country, and that's in Dublin (House of Fraser).
    (If it's any further than Letterkenny, online shopping wins!).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Debanhams have stores around (probably Dublin and Cork) but they also have www.debenhams.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Debenhams have a big shop in the Foyleside in Derry.

• Advertisement

Thanks both, I'll look at Debenhams website if we go the online route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

try mecelhinneys... im almost certain they will stock them. they definitely stock ladies in that brand

Advertisement