Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gotham City Impostors is Now Free to Play(pc)

• 01-09-2012 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced that Gotham City Impostors is now free to play. Here's the press release:
    The Bats and Jokerz are running free! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that the PC version of Gotham City Impostors is now Free To Play. The latest version of the game is now available for download at no cost via Steam® and is Steamworks enabled.

Those who download the Gotham City Impostors Free To Play via the Steam client will have access to the original game, as well as all DLC packs, which includes new maps, weapons, mascots and more. Players will also experience join-in-progress matchmaking that ensures gamers are placed into populated matches.

Developed by Monolith Productions and previously released for PC, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in February 2012, Gotham City Impostors allows up to 12 players to battle for control of an unhinged Gotham City overrun by Impostors inspired by the DC Comics characters Batman and The Joker.

Players can engage in deliriously fast paced, uniquely vertical, and completely unconventional urban warfare where progress supports leveling up and access to a mind-boggling array of customization options. Unlock new Bats or Jokerz costumes and build your own specific loadout from a huge assortment of traditional and homebrew weaponry, equipment, and perks. Gadgets such as the Glider Rig, Grappling Hook, and Spring Boots give gamers unprecedented mobility options, while support items like the Bear Traps and Boomerang, open up new tactical options.

The game features eight maps and four modes inspired by the DC Comics’ Batman license. The maps include 25th Floor, Ace Chemical, Amusement Mile, Arkham Asylum, Crime Alley, The Docks, East End, and Gotham Power. Gamers can choose from several gameplay modes – Team Deathmatch, Fumigation, Bounty Hunter or Psych Warfare modes – and engage in all-out combat, or they can choose the Challenges mode, a single-player mode that allows players to safely explore the different maps and practice using different weapons, support items and gadgets.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172479-games-gotham-city-impostors-is-now-free-to-play

Almost bought it last week, feckin glad I didn't now..Heard some good things about this, reckon its definitely worth the download.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,746 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Isn't this just Batman Fortress 2? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Downloading it now cheers. Hopefully its good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Isn't this just Batman Fortress 2? :confused:
    Don't know..hopefully not.Thought Team fortress 2 was ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i like batman a lot more then team fortress 2. i bought it ages ago and it was clear as day light that it had to be free to play. i still bought it for less then 10eu so i am happy anough. i guess i will get something nice for it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I tried this last night, if anything its pretty much a mix of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare + Brink with a Batman Theme. I wouldn't consider it anything like TF2 at all.

My opinion though, considering we are comparing games - I'd play Team Fortress 2 over this any time of the day. Gotham City Imposters is still worth playing though, especially if it's F2P

• Advertisement
Advertisement