Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over usage allowance

Options
  • 01-09-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

I am currently on the eircom home plus package with 3mb broadband and 30gb allowance. I just recently purchased a new computer and went a bit mad with downloading games etc off steam and have gone way over my allowance as i forgot it even existed.

I have read that only ngb get charged for going over the allowance however i am not sure if i am on ngb or just regular? Is it possible for me to get charged for going over the allowance as i also heard eircom aren't very strict on it?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I did this few times never been charged for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you are on a 3mbit package you are therefore not on NGB and there is no penalty for cap breaching. Were you on an up to 8mbit package there would be but the max penalty is €50 a month including your package cost....meaning they would hit you for around €20-30 extra (max) and then you can really tear the arse out of it the rest of THAT month.

Advertisement