Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What modules are physical geography?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

DylanII wrote: »
    Hi,

I have to do 3 physical geography (I really hate physical geography) modules between second and third year. Im not sure which ones count as physical geography. I would appreciate it if you could help. Im not 100% about the ones listed bellow.

Global Water Resources

Hazards and Society

Biogeography

Special Topics in Geography

Urban Geography

Global Foodscapes

Physical: Global water Resources; Biogeography
    Human: Hazards & Society (I think!), Urban Geography, Global Foodscapes
    Special Topics is different each year but I think it's human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

kellief wrote: »
    Physical: Global water Resources; Biogeography
    Human: Hazards & Society (I think!), Urban Geography, Global Foodscapes
    Special Topics is different each year but I think it's human.

Thanks, I was hoping Global water resources was physical :)

It's a brilliant course, Ro Charlton is lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I really hope it is :D Im giving up a tuesday off to take it. . .

Yeah it's really interesting! You should enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Heya, just wondering how hard or interesting you found this subject to be.. I'm probably going to be studying it this year as I need the physical modules but I really can't image what will be covered in the module !

Heya, just wondering how hard or interesting you found this subject to be.. I'm probably going to be studying it this year as I need the physical modules but I really can't image what will be covered in the module !

I loved it! It spans a lot of water resources across the globe, not just Ireland. A lot of people didn't enjoy it. I would recommend you keep up with the reading constantly. I'm out at the moment but I'll have a look at what we did when I get home! It can be tough at points but staying up with the reading helps when there, there is plenty designated!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Global Water Resources, Hazards and Society, Biogeography and Special Topics in Geography are all Physical and the other two are human.

I loved Global Water Resources. I had Nuala Murphy for it though as Ro Charlton was on sebatical. I think she's back this year though. As long as you do the readings you will be fine. It's not that hard, but very interesting.

I also did Biogeography. Bettina Steffanini is very approachable and her continuous assessment is based on 5 quizes and an essay. If you read over the slides before every lecture you'll be prepared for the quizes as she doesn't tell you when they'll be on. She marked the essay questions very fairly and quite easy to be fair.

Advertisement