Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new series on National geographic DOOMSDAY PREPPERS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I managed to watch that a while ago. Not sure quite how, but I did. Interesting stuff. There was one family that I thought were actually more or less 100% prepped for anything bar a direct nuclear strike.

An ex-army guy had joined up with an engineer. They had land which included a water source and lots of wood. Had built a wood gasifier that ran a truck. Had several years supplies of food for his entire family. They were very well armed and the whole family were well trained in a military style. The guy had claymores covering his land and everything. It would have taken a concerted effort and definite casualties to take his stuff. He had solar panels too. Very impressive setup.

The only thing he did wrong was broadcast it on TV. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

there is some good trick to pick up ... the episode with the guy shooting is own finger is quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Khannie wrote: »
    The guy had claymores covering his land and everything.
    What, no mortars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

there is some good trick to pick up ... the episode with the guy shooting is own finger is quite funny.
    Nothing funny about it, he had his 2 kids out and made a rookie mistake that could have ended his life or worse one of his kids

aaakev wrote: »
    Nothing funny about it, he had his 2 kids out and made a rookie mistake that could have ended his life or worse one of his kids

Yeah it really was amateur stuff. I considered that about his kids too. Overall he was very lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I think amature and rookie is putting it mildly even, it should not have happened full stop. Its the most basic of firearms safety that should be drilled into every single person who is around guns.

I enjoyed the ones i saw so far, some very impressive stuff and some very OTT but good watching none the less

Yeah, I liked it. Finished the whole season. My wife watched it with me and she's not generally into that kind of thing but it's interesting viewing seeing what these people are up to.

All the way through though she kept saying "what the hell are they doing telling everyone about it?" and I couldn't agree more (with the exception of people that wanted locals to know, like the ark guy).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Did anyone notice the people who were prepping for a huge earthquake and had a dodgy shelf with glass jars filled with their food in the basement ... nothing was said about it, i thought it was hilarious

Advertisement