Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs siezed in Ballinamona

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

FFS Its only some Hash. Sure the Heroin dealers are only laughing at the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

charlemont wrote: »
    FFS Its only some Hash. Sure the Heroin dealers are only laughing at the Gardaí.

Whoever makes the calls seems to have it in their head that stopping marijuana will stop the rest. Delusion is a great thing :rolleyes:

Whoever makes the calls seems to have it in their head that stopping marijuana will stop the rest. Delusion is a great thing :rolleyes:

And when foreign gangs see the opportunities here for Marijuana they won't be taking no prisoners when their products are seized. Its very hard to get it now but Heroin is all over the place, Makes me think someone is trying to protect the Heroin trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

The drugs war is absolutely bizzare and weird.

When the gardaí actually make a 'successful' raid as in this one, that is just one more nail in the coffin of the drugs war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

A drugs seizure of any kind is good. Drugs are destroying families here in Waterford. The gardai have worked hard in trying to track down gangs and seize drugs. Marijuana may not sound too serious a drug to some people but it can be a gateway drug to worse. Also there are a percentage of people who will become addicted to marijuana and will steal or worse to get money to buy it. The less available it is, the less chance that the next generation will come across it at school or in the park.

• Advertisement

Triona23 wrote: »
    A drugs seizure of any kind is good. Drugs are destroying families here in Waterford. The gardai have worked hard in trying to track down gangs and seize drugs. Marijuana may not sound too serious a drug to some people but it can be a gateway drug to worse. Also there are a percentage of people who will become addicted to marijuana and will steal or worse to get money to buy it. The less available it is, the less chance that the next generation will come across it at school or in the park.

You shouldn't talk about things you clearly have no knowledge about, It just makes you look stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

Im sorry you feel like that but I have lived it first hand twice, and it is devasting on families, and on both occasions marijuana was the starter drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

For sure it's the case that some may begin smoking dope and eventually get hooked on smack or whatever. Most people who smoke weed never use anything else.

Many people who become junkies are already emotionally broken in one way or another. Don't forget, no one accidentally becomes a heroin addict. There are choices to be made along the way and the intending addict has to work at becoming hooked.

Folks who've never tried it may not realise that it takes months of heroin use and considerable expense before someone becomes an addict. Blaming marijuana for people becoming junkies is too simplistic a view and dates back to 1930's propaganda films like Reefer Madness.

That said, I'm happy to see criminal gangs of any ilk getting caught for breaking the law. Personally, I'd be happy to see people being able to grow a few plants for themselves but maintain the law as it stands for selling and carrying in public. But, until then the law is the law and we live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Triona23 wrote: »
    Im sorry you feel like that but I have lived it first hand twice, and it is devasting on families, and on both occasions marijuana was the starter drug.

If you were to go by that thinking, tea/coffee/caffeine/alcohol are the gateway drugs.

Marijuana is not addictive. Someones personality makes it addictive. If it wasn't weed, it would have been something else. People just like to use weed as the scapegoat. I'd much prefer if weed was legal and regulated like alcohol, the you wouldn't have these super-strains mixed with god knows what that actually does cause problems: pure, unadulterated weed has virtually no negative side-effects.

As for the topic, 250k weed seizure is but a notch in the drug iceberg, but every seizure is still a seizure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 EoinGoal

old gregg wrote: »
    Blaming marijuana for people becoming junkies is too simplistic a view and dates back to 1950's propaganda films like Reefer Madness.
    1930s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

EoinGoal wrote: »
    1930s.

indeed you are right. typo. classic movie though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Any names on who was caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

theresa green and loggser brown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

theresa green and loggser brown :D

I havent heard that one since 1995 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

charlemont wrote: »
    You shouldn't talk about things you clearly have no knowledge about, It just makes you look stupid.

I'm with this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I'm with this guy.

What was wrong about what she said?
    She said it can be a gateway drug. Seems to be the way for some people.
    She said, some people might rob and steel to get money for it. Yeah I know plenty who done that over the years.

She never said a bit of hash is the worse thing out there and people are getting murdered or anything over it. She made a simple comment and yourself and whoever the fella you quoted never put anything to your post about from , it makes ya look stupid and ,,,, yeah thats what he said so Ill go along with him.

At least if your gonna agree with yer man could you not put more of an effort into why you agree with him.

TagAlongLogo.jpg

Personally I couldnt give a shyte about hash. Smoked enough of it over the years and just not bothered about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

What was wrong about what she said?
    She said it can be a gateway drug. Seems to be the way for some people.
    She said, some people might rob and steel to get money for it. Yeah I know plenty who done that over the years.

She never said a bit of hash is the worse thing out there and people are getting murdered or anything over it. She made a simple comment and yourself and whoever the fella you quoted never put anything to your post about from , it makes ya look stupid and ,,,, yeah thats what he said so Ill go along with him.

At least if your gonna agree with yer man could you not put more of an effort into why you agree with him.

TagAlongLogo.jpg

Personally I couldnt give a shyte about hash. Smoked enough of it over the years and just not bothered about it.

I'm not with this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

The worst drugs that are available and taxed by the government

Cigs & Drink

No government help for the cigs even thou the gov taxes them?????
    But there is methadone for heroin addicts, jesus work that one out?????

Advertisement