Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Arsenal 02.09.12 (13:30 KO) Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Its been a tough start for Pool. Give it time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Its been a tough start for Pool. Give it time

Knowing Liverpool they'll lose to Sunderland and then stuff United.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

We want 90 minutes at Anfield to be the worst 90 minutes of their life...."

When Brendan said that did he mean the opposition or the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

. Give it time

Next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Knowing Liverpool they'll lose to Sunderland and then stuff United.

quite possibly.
    zerks wrote: »
    Next year.

no comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Fair play Arsenal, great performance... but admit it, you never predicted Diaby would play that well :p:pac:

Have a look at my posts on the Arsenal forum yesterday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Fair play Arsenal, great performance... but admit it, you never predicted Diaby would play that well :p:pac:

I think a few people believed he would step up if injury free. Glad to see him deliver ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

el dude wrote: »
    Arsenal deserved their win. But it's been another very poor refereeing display, especially towards Luis, cast iron pens turned down, clear as day free-kicks not given. He's going to kick someone in the head out of frustration fairly soon if it keeps up.

Metersacker and Arteta picked up 2 completely undeserved yellow cards when they challenged him - both undeserved - you win some you lose some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

greendom wrote: »
    Metersacker and Arteta picked up 2 completely undeserved yellow cards when they challenged him - both undeserved - you win some you lose some

Arteta was booked for bringing down sterling, was a definite yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I have to say Jenkinson was excellent today and the people who were mocking him in the build up were proved spectacularly wrong IMHO.
    Very solid performance and he has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps playing like today.

• Advertisement

Arteta yellow was a stonewall yellow IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Go on the Arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Arteta yellow card came for a bad challenge on Sterling was lucky there was cover or it could have been red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

amiable wrote: »
    I have to say Jenkinson was excellent today and the people who were mocking him in the build up were proved spectacularly wrong IMHO.
    Very solid performance and he has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps playing like today.

Agreed Ive said for a long time I have faith in him, ok did have some bad momments in the first half, but he settled into the game well and made some good tackles.

Hes young sometimes the nerves do get the best of him but with experience that will fade, plus hes a lifelong Arsenal fan which is always nice to have at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fair enough with Arteta - my excuse is a dodgy stream - I'll look again on MOTD2 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

mikelartetasanticazorlacelebarsenalliverpool_800x450.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

jethro081 wrote: »
    that performance gave me cancer.

Hmm, poorly judged turn of phrase. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Seamu$ wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan am happy with that team - comparing the first XI's on a player for player basis we seem stronger in every position...on paper.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah at least the dubs were beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

el dude wrote: »
    Arsenal deserved their win. But it's been another very poor refereeing display, especially towards Luis, cast iron pens turned down, clear as day free-kicks not given. He's going to kick someone in the head out of frustration fairly soon if it keeps up.
    The referee today was the least of Liverpools problems, Suarez got a lot of calls his way today. But it's irrelevant Liverpool were **** referee made no impact on the game

amiable wrote: »

He gave away two very dangerous balls across his own area though which could have been very costly. Apart from that he was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Same old Arsenal - Still unbeaten!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would any of the Liverpool players make the Arsenal squad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Oranage2 wrote: »

Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique, Sahin, Allen, Suarez, Sterling

I see what you are doing there

• Advertisement

I wouldn't bother lads

Melion wrote: »

Nice bench to have.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Nice bench to have.

Good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If we're actually gonna debate this Reina and Sterling wouldn't be there. Sterling has great promise sure but we have 7 thousand wingers. And Reina has looked worse than our 3rd choice keeper so far :pac:

Would take Borini for an extra forward though, and Lucas of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cazorla looks the business.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    If we're actually gonna debate this Reina and Sterling wouldn't be there. Sterling has great promise sure but we have 7 thousand wingers. And Reina has looked worse than our 3rd choice keeper so far :pac:

Would take Borini for an extra forward though, and Lucas of course.

Reina would be in your squad and he would be your first choice keeper, dont kid yourself.
    Sterling has great promise and has delivered on it so far this season, is definitely worth a place in an Arsenal squad ahead of some players.

Cazorla looks the business.

When that sky sports Spanish correspondent said he was the best player in Spain not playing for the top 2, he really knew what he was talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When that sky sports Spanish correspondent said he was the best player in Spain not playing for the top 2, he really knew what he was talking about.

Have to say I been very impressed with him from the 2 games I have seen him play.

Looks like ye have a gem.

he was very good in Spain

Have to say I been very impressed with him from the 2 games I have seen him play.

Looks like ye have a gem.

he was very good in Spain

Perfect age too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Reina would be in your squad and he would be your first choice keeper, dont kid yourself.
    Sterling has great promise and has delivered on it so far this season, is definitely worth a place in an Arsenal squad ahead of some players.

1st choice goalkeeper? Have you seen Reina play in the last 2 years? Chesney is a far better goalkeeper nowadays. Don't kid yourself into thinking Reina's still good enough. He nearly put you out of Europe on Thursday and killed the game off for you today.

AdamD wrote: »
    1st choice goalkeeper? Have you seen Reina play in the last 2 years? Chesney is a far better goalkeeper nowadays. Don't kid yourself into thinking Reina's still good enough. He nearly put you out of Europe on Thursday and killed the game off for you today.

Reina has been poor for a while now but it's not open for discussion for some.
    He was to blame IMO against Arsenal at Anfield last season too.
    In fact I think that's the third season in a row against Arsenal he has been at fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Reina sucks. He's done. It's not a blip or loss of form. It's an ensconced two year plus loss of competence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

no player for player liverpool are far better. 3-0 to liverpool i reckon..

oh wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Tox56 wrote: »
    Sterling was probably Liverpool's best player and only spark going forward

he was very good. shame about the rest. that sahin chap looks like a waste of 5 million loan fee and 80k a week wages. I tell you who'd be a good player for liverpool, that dempsey guy from Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he was very good. shame about the rest. that sahin chap looks like a waste of 5 million loan fee and 80k a week wages. I tell you who'd be a good player for liverpool, that dempsey guy from Spurs :D

facepalm.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Just disappointed I am in the moment. Can't find the right words to express it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Just disappointed I am in the moment. Can't find the right words to express it :confused:

Here you go. Bono with all his love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nice to see Mertesacker play well after the stick he was getting earlier in this thread.

Don't fret yet. Arsenal got a very poor start last season and then came good. If you beat Utd then all is rosy in the garden again. But you do now need to beat them to get the fans up again.

Don't fret yet. Arsenal got a very poor start last season and then came good. If you beat Utd then all is rosy in the garden again. But you do now need to beat them to get the fans up again.

I know, the match against United is always a special occasion. I heard somebody saying, never mind, if Pool gets relegated, as long as they finish above United ;)

But still, once you are nailed to the bottom of the table, is hard to get out of there :(

I know, the match against United is always a special occasion. I heard somebody saying, never mind, if Pool gets relegated, as long as they finish above United ;)

But still, once you are nailed to the bottom of the table, is hard to get out of there :(

I would worry about your bench though. Seems very weak and it's a long time until Jan. Hope you lot recover though.

Well if the fans get behind the team then they can bounce right back.
    New manager can take as long as the players to find his feet.

Well if the fans get behind the team then they can bounce right back.
    New manager can take as long as the players to find his feet.

The fans can always lift the spirit of a team, they can be the 12th man, that's right. But still, the players need to play their part to win the confidence of the fans. Two sides of the coin, as usual.

As long as Brendan Rodgers is not talking about 'deplorable' fans, I'll try to think positive anyway ;)

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nice to see Mertesacker play well after the stick he was getting earlier in this thread.

Bloody ridiculous, the difference last season with and without him on the pitch was huge.

• Advertisement

The fans can always lift the spirit of a team, they can be the 12th man, that's right. But still, the players need to play their part to win the confidence of the fans. Two sides of the coin, as usual.

As long as Brendan Rodgers is not talking about 'deplorable' fans, I'll try to think positive anyway ;)

Well the team spirit will need a lift.
    That Sterling lad looks a very hot prospect and I expect him to flourish in the side.
    Looks like you have your own little Theo Walcott right there, takes on his man with ease.

Advertisement