Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Arsenal 02.09.12 (13:30 KO) Sky Sports 1

1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I've always had a soft spot for the pool and very much admire Rodgers and what he's trying to do.

I really wanted that for arsenal today but regret that it came at the expense of Liverpool and Rodgers.

However so many of the Liverpool fans seem so retarded that at times I think I shouldn't give a crap.

He's a new manager implementing a style totally new to the club. The only person on the pitch who has a clue what to do is Allen. Everyone else is going to take a while with this change. Stop expecting too much and let them just make the transition, let them make the mistakes they're going to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

bad2dabone wrote: »
    he was very good. shame about the rest. that sahin chap looks like a waste of 5 million loan fee and 80k a week wages. I tell you who'd be a good player for liverpool, that dempsey guy from Spurs :D

cartoonbird2.jpg

poor attempt cant even get loan fee right lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gosplan wrote: »
    I've always had a soft spot for the pool and very much admire Rodgers and what he's trying to do.

I really wanted that for arsenal today but regret that it came at the expense of Liverpool and Rodgers.

However so many of the Liverpool fans seem so retarded that at times I think I shouldn't give a crap.

He's a new manager implementing a style totally new to the club. The only person on the pitch who has a clue what to do is Allen. Everyone else is going to take a while with this change. Stop expecting too much and let them just make the transition, let them make the mistakes they're going to make

How many games should we wait? We've had seven competitive games. 10? 15? 20? 40?

0.33 points per game isn't an option for long. He'll need to start winning at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How many games should we wait? We've had seven competitive games. 10? 15? 20? 40?

0.33 points per game isn't an option for long. He'll need to start winning at some point.

Kenny should have got longer than a year but your knive is out for Rodgers already? haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

A tricky away fixture at West Brom followed by 2 difficult home games, one of which the team performed very well in, it's not really fair to start making judgements yet. After 10 matches, yes it will be fair enough to begin to see the wood for the trees.

It does seem though that Rodgers was left high and dry by FSG on transfer deadline day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Good one.

On another note, just saw the first goal again and Glen deserves alot more criticism than I initially thought. Practically non-existant effort to get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Kenny should have got longer than a year but your knive is out for Rodgers already? haha.

My knife was out before he was given the job. I don't think he'll do it. But hey, I'd be happy to be proved wrong with lots of wins. I'm not seeing anything to disprove my position yet, and evidence will have to start appearing at some point, right?
    greendom wrote: »
    A tricky away fixture at West Brom followed by 2 difficult home games, one of which the team performed very well in, it's not really fair to start making judgements yet. After 10 matches, yes it will be fair enough to begin to see the wood for the trees.

It does seem though that Rodgers was left high and dry by FSG on transfer deadline day.

It's not panic stations yet, but it's an undeniably poor start. The thing is I just hate this 'give him time' stuff football fans spout about any new manager. What does that actually mean in terms of matches and results is my point? You can talk about how its a long term project all you like, but if you're 15 games in and languishing in the relation zone you would have to consider a change.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that and, yes, Friday night did not aid his cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

My thoughts on the match.

The good....

Allen was without a doubt our standout player for the match. Very rarely lost the ball, closed down the opposition well and make a few good tackles and interceptions. When we get Lucas back, these two guys will form a colossus of a partnership in central midfield. Want to see more of the same from Allen.

Sterling was brilliant too. We finally seem to have a fast, tricky winger who actually isn't braindead on the ball, a type of player we have been sorely lacking for quite some time. My fear for Raheem is that he is still so young, that we are expecting too much of him. He has a massive future at this club, so it's vital we don't run the kid into the ground by playing him in every single match, especially since he is still physically developing.

Agger and Skrtel. Not at their best, but glad to see the pairing together. They had Giroud in their pocket for the entire game and could not be faulted after Gerrard gifted Arsenal the first goal and Glen Johnson went missing for the second.

The Shelvey cameo while short, showed us that this lad will bust his nuts for the team and that he has a genuine threat to create and score. I thought he was unlucky not to score after the intricate passing and the Gerrard of old like burst to blast a shot at goal late in the second half.

The bad...

Gerrard was poor. Yes he tried hard, but some of the passing was incredibly sloppy, and that gift for the first Arsenal goal was unforgivable. Like I said on the Liverpool thread, he is on £120k a week and contracted until 2015. While you can never write him off, I don't think we can ignore his waning consistency.

Reina is a legend, and we should be throwing him onto the slagheap just yet, but if there are many more blunders in the next few weeks then we need to start having a look at alternatives in January. Because of his stellar service, I will keep faith for the moment.

Borini has become a worry for me. I know some people will say the wing is his natural position, but even when he drifted in centrally, he really struggled with the physicality of the Arsenal defenders and midfield. If we are to do well this season, then we are going to need Borini to score about 15 goals and going from his displays so far, that looks like a difficult prospect for the man. I hope he comes good, but he is a concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Reina - the new Almunia IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

that sahin chap looks like a waste of 5 million loan fee and 80k a week wages

That's the most retarded comment I have heard in a long time. You judge him on 60 minutes play. You obviously don't know much about Sahin.

* Ever present in the Dortmund team for the majority of his career there.
    * Şahin was voted best player of the season in the Bundesliga for 2011
    * Moves to Madrid but the player spent most of the first-half of this season on the sidelines due to injuries (most notably a knee injury which kept him out for 3 months)

Let's see you come back with that comment at the end of the season :rolleyes:

P.S. Your loan fee is wrong Einstein :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

That's the most retarded comment I have heard in a long time. You judge him on 60 minutes play. You obviously don't know much about Sahin.

* Moves to Madrid but the player spent most of the first-half of this season on the sidelines due to injuries (most notably a knee injury which kept him out for 3 months)

He's real quality, I was gutted when Arsenal didn't get him.

It's going to take him time to settle and tbh Liverpool are in a serious team transition so it might be a while before the benefits of Sahin is obtained to the max, a lot of team tweaking still to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's the same poster who keeps spouting the £5 Million fee crap so wouldn't bother too much anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cartoonbird2.jpg

poor attempt cant even get loan fee right lol

When he has to try in consecutive posts you know he's not very good at it.;)

I doubt he even watches 60 minutes of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

that sahin chap looks like a waste of 5 million loan fee and 80k a week wages

Calm down calm down
    Haha sounds like someone needs a hug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Delighted with that result. Thought were were pretty solid defensively, Pool had lots of the ball but never really looked overly threatedning, one or two moments aside. Thought Suarez was quite poor, when he got Mertesacker booked early in the game I thought he was going to spend the rest of the game tearing him a new one. Sterling looks quite promising, surely he's a guarnteed choice ahed of Downing now?

Diaby and Arteta really impressed me in midfield, however it will be a miracle if Diaby can stay fit so we'll see Coquelin, Ramsey or Rosicky in there soon I'd imagine.

Gerrard was poison. Completing one Hollywood ball is not worth the penalty of banging the previous four out of play, tbh I thought the crossing from both teams (particularly Gerrard and Gibbs) was woeful.

Overall a solid 2-0 win, didn't have the majority of possession but looked the more assured side and played a good counter-attacking game. 3 points I'm more than happy to see us take away form Anfield.

Advertisement