Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Arsenal 02.09.12 (13:30 KO) Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

KINGVictor wrote: »
    :D Why not make it 4-0 with Sahin chipping one in as well?? Its Arsenal you are playing and not West Brom

12-0

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

3-1 to Arsenal Diaby always does well against the pool can see Podolski grabbing a goal too and walcott to come on and get the 3rd when pool are chasing

Last 5 years alone..

4225c1d563878cd1b5b0797d80a6b4db.png
    cd8dcd01e6d303d88a45aefffcdd53ca.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Seamu$ wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan am happy with that team - comparing the first XI's on a player for player basis we seem stronger in every position...on paper.

Defo. I can't see how Rodgers would pick a single Arsenal player for his team if he had the opportunity. Arsenal massive underdogs here, Liverpool nailed on for an emphatic home win.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's baffling those predicting a easy Liverpool win. Where is this confidence coming from? The City game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Leiva wrote: »
    It's baffling those predicting a easy Liverpool win. Where is this confidence coming from? The City game?

The Hearts game. Too close to call this, both teams arent playing 100% yet and this game could trigger a improvement in either team or both. No idea, and I hate trying to predict any Liverpool result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

-Ade- wrote: »
    3-1 to Arsenal Diaby always does well against the pool can see Podolski grabbing a goal too and walcott to come on and get the 3rd when pool are chasing

Last 5 years alone..

4225c1d563878cd1b5b0797d80a6b4db.png
    cd8dcd01e6d303d88a45aefffcdd53ca.png
    Moneys on 1-1 so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Delighted this is the early kick off, heading to the pub so wouldn't of got to see it with the Dubs match being on had it being the late kick off. I think Liverpool will win this I reckon 2-1, looking forward to seeing Sahin play, hopefully he starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Both teams are goal-shy at the mo, so... goal fest today then yeah? :pac:
    No, tight game I reckon, Cazorla is surely due a goal, I'll say 2-1 to Liverpool, I think Arsenal will give us the space and time for Rodgers football and it'll suit us down to the ground. Arsenal are too good to not score 3 games in a row though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mannone starting in goal today apparently - orders should be to test him every chance we get. Shoot on sight and keep them on target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I think if Liverpool play as well as they did against City they could cause an upset today.Nil nil I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think if Liverpool play as well as they did against City they could cause an upset today.Nil nil I reckon.

I personally wouldn't classify Liverpool beating Arsenal at Anfield as an upset.
    Expecting a close game and predicting a 1-1 draw with Liverpool going ahead first and Arsenal getting a late equalizer.
    Both teams desperate for a result considering the end they had to the transfer window to start some momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

No way will it be 0-0. I expect a decent amount of goals with the Pool coming on top...to make up for the slow starts of both teams. Open the floodgates lads! Allen controlling midfield, Sterling and Sahin to run at the defense and Reina to actually catch the ball!

Should be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Mannone starting in goal today apparently - orders should be to test him every chance we get. Shoot on sight and keep them on target.
    I'm sure Arsene is saying the same about Reina :D

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I'm sure Arsene is saying the same about Reina :D

Surely the idea should be to test every keeper in every game?

amiable wrote: »
    Surely the idea should be to test every keeper in every game?
    Shoot on sight policy??
    Sometimes it's better to pass and create closer and better/easier chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'll be happy with a draw. More than happy. A score draw if possible so we can finally score a goal without van Persie. If fit Koscielny has to play imo, much more suited to this type of game than Mertesacker.

I'd like:

Jenkinson
    Koscielny
    Vermaelen
    Gibbs
    Arteta
    Diaby
    Chamberlain
    Cazorla
    Podolski
    Giroud

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Shoot on sight policy??
    Sometimes it's better to pass and create closer and better/easier chances.

I didn't mention shoot on sight

The bloke who got last weeks team against Man City right has said the following is the Liverpool team today

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Sahin, Allen, Gerrard, Sterling, Suarez, Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/liverpool-v-arsenal/winner

Liverpool are decent favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How would it be an upset if Liverpool win?

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    I didn't mention shoot on sight
    That`s what I was replying to in the first place and why I said the same could be said for Reina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wonder will Assaidi be in the squad today..

Looking forward to seeing Sahin and to see if Sterling can continue from where he left off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

According to AFCAMDEN its:

Mannone
    Jenks Mert Verm Gibbs
    Diaby Cazorla Arteta
    Chamberlain Giroud Podolski

Liverpool team to face Arsenal: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Metersacker is a bit of a worry but to start Kos would perhaps be a bigger gamble, bearing in mind he's not played this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sterling will destroy Jenkinson id say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC

Confirmed #LFC team: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC

Confirmed #LFC subs: Jones, Carragher, Shelvey, Downing, Henderson, Kelly, Coates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

No need for carra on the bench, should be another attacking player like assaidi there instead. Other then that I'm happy with that line up and bench

No need for carra on the bench, should be another attacking player like assaidi there instead. Other then that I'm happy with that line up and bench

You've no injuries at all at the moment, have you ?

Sterling against Jenkinson, tee hee

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »

Assaidi must not be fit but I'm not sure on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liverpool are a great value lay today imo. Can't understand how they're as short as 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not only are people not happy with Carra not being first choice but don't want him on the bench either?

Terrible treatment.

His pace is not what it used to be but he can still do a job as an experienced defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Happy with that team, pretty much what was expected. As above, I'd have Morgan or some attacking player on the bench ahead of Carra

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Liverpool are a great value lay today imo. Can't understand how they're as short as 11/10

Most probably because so many people back them blind I guess?

greendom wrote: »

No, apparently assaidi the new guy, isint fit enough as he had a bad preseason apparently. Our squad is thin to say the least..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Carragher has played well imo this season so far
    against West Brom he was exposed by us being down to 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Pretty much a fully fit squad and no forward on the bench.

murpho999 wrote: »

Not only are people not happy with Carra not being first choice but don't want him on the bench either?

Terrible treatment.

His pace is not what it used to be but he can still do a job as an experienced defender.

I love him as much as any other lfc fan but we paid 10 million on Coates, an exciting prospect and needs to be 3rd choice, therefore no need for carra..

• Advertisement

No, apparently assaidi the new guy, isint fit enough as he had a bad preseason apparently. Our squad is thin to say the least..

I wonder when Arsene last had a fully fit squad to choose from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Lucas is injured isn't he?

I'd take a draw today. Worried about Jenko vs Sterling. Hoping it's a good game and we at least score a goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Melion wrote: »

Quite fancy Jenk to cope with him quire well

shano_88 wrote: »

I'd take a draw today. Worried about Jenko vs Sterling. Hoping it's a good game and we at least score a goal!

Absolutely ! Forgot about him - that cheers me up a little :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yup out for a few months :(

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Jenk had a decent game last week. I think he'll be fine up against Sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Really looking forward to this.Should be an open exciting game. Arsenal and Podolski to get off the mark. Liverpool 1 Arsenal 3 (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Melion wrote: »

Quite fancy Jenk to cope with him quire well

Sterling is Liverpools great hope. He will be class in time, but I don't think he's there yet and I think jenks will control him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

It's strange looking at Liverpool's team today...

It's a good starting XI, but how the hell can a team play in the PL and three cup competitions when they've no substitute strikers? Bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

smokedeels wrote: »
    It's strange looking at Liverpools team today...

It's a good starting XI, but how the hell can a team play in the PL and three cup competition when they've no subsitute strikers?

Worked okay for Arsenal since Henry left. Actually that depends on your viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What's happened to Arsenal's keeper?

• Advertisement
Advertisement