Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty robbing my money and wont tell me why????

Options
  • 01-09-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently had a single vehicle accident and registered a claim but I am unsure if i am going to claim as i will lose 3 years from my 5 years of no claims discount.

Even though i have not claimed yet my premium has gone up from 31 a month to 67. When i rang in to question why I was thrown around 3 different departments for well over an hour with one guy in claims admitting that he was advised by his manager <snip> to give out a generic response that does not answer how they work out the amount for increasing the premium. He was told to just say there are different factors and that was all he could say. At least he apologised and said he tried to find out a decent response but that this manager told him the generic one was to be used and that was all he could tell me.

I asked to speak to this manager <snip> and he said he would have to get him call me back. I have still not heard from him a week later and am still confused by this shocking system that looks like they can just rob my money.

Can you or anybody out there answer how they work out my increases and if it is worth my while to claim for 1200?

I am shocked by this treatment who are supposed to be putting the customer first. If this is the case why are they training their staff to fob the customer off while they dip into your direct debits and take what they want without being able to tell you why?

Margaret

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Liberty Insurance: Philip

Hi Margaret

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get the answers you're looking for so far. I can certainly arrange for someone in our dedicated Claims Customer Care team to contact you directly about this and they will be able to look at your individual policy, explain why there has been an increase in the payments and will also be able to give you some information about how a claim may affect your policy. We won't be able to discuss these details here on Boards, but if you PM me your details I'll arrange for a call back.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Philip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I didnt think that they could increase the premium during the year unless you changed car.

Call you bank and tell them you did not authorise that payment amount.

Advertisement