Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi 2 stroke petrol hedge trimmer

Options
  • 01-09-2012 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

wonder is it worth getting this,have a lot of hedging here at home,price is ok,but will it last a reasonable time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

I have one and its fine but it is a heavy machine so tiring if you've a lot of hedges were you have to reach out a lot, have mine 2 seasons now and I just clean it and oil it before I put it away still working perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Interested to hear from anyone who picked up one of these today.

Any markings on the body to suggest who makes them ?

P.S Only interested in comments from people who have one. None of the generic Aldi/Lidl is crap comments please :)

Thanks,
    F.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

fiacha wrote: »
    Interested to hear from anyone who picked up one of these today.

Any markings on the body to suggest who makes them ?

P.S Only interested in comments from people who have one. None of the generic Aldi/Lidl is crap comments please :)

Thanks,
    F.

Dont forget to buy the telescopic "bypass" loppers too.It extends out to just on 1 meter.

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23388.htm

A tenner well spent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭tphase

got one a couple of days ago, no markings to indicate the OEM but looks a very like a Draper 45575, probably made in the same chinese factory

Support is via http://www.bvg-airflo.co.uk, who seem to be a box-shifting outfit so if it breaks, I imagine refund or replacement will be the best options.

Tackled a laurel bush with it to see if it works...not exactly like a knife through butter but not too bad either - it didn't jam on anything and is a lot better than the electric yoke I have.

It is a bit heavy but what would you expect for the money?

Advertisement