Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They took my job

• 01-09-2012 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Soo I'd a nice summer job , minding a house and looking after a farm in the middle of nowhere getting 250 quid a week , cash , I'm only a student and it was badly needed
    Now 3 weeks before I was due to end this Hungarian **** comes along and says he'll do the job for 170 a week , cash again, all along while collecting the dole , totally unfair in my opinion
    Fecker can hardly speak a word of English and knows nothing about animals , stupid bloody employer

But yeah I want a little revenge , what should I do to the **** , shop him out to the dole office , the wanker is getting the dole plus the 170 so obviously he was able to undercut me.
    Crap in the cistern before I leave ? Put Mi waidi in the water tanks ?

I need to do something and it needs to be vile , I'm probably going to be unable to blast him with piss unless i can set up an apparatus to do it remotely :(

[media]http://youtu.be/brj2UkUPjCI[/media]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Go on Hungarian strike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Seduce him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

shop the mofo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Report him to Social Welfare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Well if he is getting the dole as well as working report him and you can get your job back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

while you are shopping him to the dole, shop yourself to the revenue for doing cash work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Offer to do it for 150 a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They tuk ur jerb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Cash in hand job ey, give the old revenue a call, that's bold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

do what the irish do best, quit college and go on the dole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Tell him to go back to hungryland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

bgrizzley wrote: »
    while you are shopping him to the dole, shop yourself to the revenue for doing cash work

As if you never did cash work when you were 20 , and you wouldn't get taxed on what was effectively 35 euro a day , it'd just trap my money up in emergency tax

Dont be daft

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Bend Over!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Who is they? Was all of Hungary in on the dastardly plot?

Just report him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Tough man
    Unless you want to offer to do it for 160 your bolloxed. Wellcome to the pay in hand free market.

As if you never did cash work when you were 20 , and you wouldn't get taxed on what was effectively 35 euro a day , it'd just trap my money up in emergency tax

Dont be daft

as it happens i didnt, but i have no issue with people who do. but its a bit rich shopping someone when you are breaking the law yourself.

What ever about the cash in hand thing, going on the dole while also working is probably a lot more commonplace and is a clear abuse of the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Get a real, on the books, job, with better pay and security.

Living well is the best revenge.

Also, write graffiti about both the employer and the Hungarian on a toilet wall.

• Advertisement

cristoir wrote: »
    Who is they? Was all of Hungary in on the dastardly plot?

Just report him.

Well to be honest I just said that for a chance to use the video :D

And It's quite possible that an Irish guy could have done the same , but I don't know if any would work for that low a wage unlike this prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Burn him with a flamethrower.
    Play hide the poo aswel just don't tell him about it. The best places to hide the poo are in the butter, down the back of a rad, in a guitar, up high in a box, in the freezer, in a shoe ect., you get the idea, use ur imagination friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Beat the crap out of your boss, Don't blame the Hungarian, Blame the greedy traitorous paddy who sold you out.

Get a real, on the books, job, with better pay and security.

Living well is the best revenge.

Also, write graffiti about both the employer and the Hungarian on a toilet wall.

Well yeah , That's what I'll have to do when I'm back in college , work in a bar or something , still I wouldnt mind if some guy came along and worked for less but wasnt on the dole , I'd have been like good luck to ya willing to work for less than 35 a day , but seeing as this guy gets 200 extra from the goverment , and now little me has to go back to college and work out a method of getting 2.5k to pay my registration fee to pay the goverment for my education

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭jimbomalley

Do bothof the fcukers, the Hungarian to the social and the greedy farmer to the the revenue for hiring workers without paying tax

cattle are making good money, rustle his cows.

It's a horse farm :(

Horses are worthless

Horses are worthless

sell em to the french...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

as it happens i didnt, but i have no issue with people who do. but its a bit rich shopping someone when you are breaking the law yourself.

Yeah but revenge is rarely the height of morality is it? If I was genuinely pissed off I'd shop him, that'll teach to be so capitalist. Why don't you just undercut him again for the last few weeks? Do it for 140, 450 quid is better than nothing. Oh and shop the c*nt of a farmer for sure. And blame the Hungarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Tell the Hungarian, civilly, that you'll report him unless he resigns and you get your job back. He won't want to lose his dole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Move to Hungary and get a job there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

OP is this house you are looking after on Farmville?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Hide your girlfriend, the fecker will be after her next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Is the Hungarian going to do the job throughout the winter, or just for the next 3 weeks? What's the real story here - it is pretty bizarre that someone would let a new person just walk in and mind their house and farm over someone that has been doing it for months already?

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    OP is this house you are looking after on Farmville?

Ehhhh? :confused::confused:

If there is someone will to pay me 250 tolook after a few pixles I will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Go to the dole office sign on an say the your boss sacked you, cue we have no record, say you never got a pay slip and you assumed he was doing all by the book.
    Call nera after that.
    Your farmer friend will learn a tough lesson.

Rasmus wrote: »
    Is the Hungarian going to do the job throughout the winter, or just for the next 3 weeks? What's the real story here - it is pretty bizarre that someone would let a new person just walk in and mind their house and farm over someone that has been doing it for months already?

Don't know how long he's getting the job for , I presume if he can keep it and is willing to stay in the middle of nowhere with out a car then he will be keeping it up untill Xmass when the farmer is back

The farmer in question is an American actually not a Paddy as people have being surmising about

We don't actually live in the house , it's a big gaff , old aswell like 400 yrs , I was living in a converted stable in the yard

The job is looking after the horses and mucking out / making sure the place isnt burgled

As for whether its logical , no its not , this guy has a serious problem with English I'd serious trouble when I'd to explain to him about looking after each of the different horses

Told the boss he doesn't know **** , he didn't care , he's thinking I was just making that up to save my job , which I would have done anyway , well I wouldnt have said he was brilliant or anything but he honestly doesn't know anything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Your employr missed a trick there. Should have asked FAS for a WPP slave and got someone to do it for nothing.

Go to the dole office sign on an say the your boss sacked you, cue we have no record, say you never got a pay slip and you assumed he was doing all by the book.
    Call nera after that.

I can't I'm a student , I've to give the goverment money to help me become employable :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Horses are worthless

Put a horse head in his bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Don't know how long he's getting the job for , I presume if he can keep it and is willing to stay in the middle of nowhere with out a car then he will be keeping it up untill Xmass when the farmer is back

The farmer in question is an American actually not a Paddy as people have being surmising about

We don't actually live in the house , it's a big gaff , old aswell like 400 yrs , I was living in a converted stable in the yard

The job is looking after the horses and mucking out / making sure the place isnt burgled

As for whether its logical , no its not , this guy has a serious problem with English I'd serious trouble when I'd to explain to him about looking after each of the different horses

Told the boss he doesn't know **** , he didn't care , he's thinking I was just making that up to save my job , which I would have done anyway , well I wouldnt have said he was brilliant or anything but he honestly doesn't know anything :mad:

but sure you were going to finish up in 3 weeks, and the new guy can continue on... unless you were going to continue yourself in the school year?
    I do not get why the farmer (especially absentee) would replace you for someone he doesn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Call nera after that.

I would agree with this. The hungarian fellow is another victim in this.

The farmer with a shred of decency should have let you finish out the three weeks and then take on the other lad, everyone would be happy but no he got greedy. He is ripping your man off letting him work for that, and 250 was not a huge amount to be paying you either for managing his farm.

Shop him and hopefully he gets a big fine. Pity for the hungarian fella as he will lose his few bob but he would be better off working for someone who is not a rip off merchant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'd do the same if I was your employer. Why pay 250 when your man can do the same job for 170.

Summer is over anyway, get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

So you wouldn't do a cash job to earn a little, badly needed extra cash? bullsiht

Op shop him for being a scab.

A Hungarian, an Irishman and a Farmer, sounds like the makings of some bizarre comedy, as one conspires against the other, and plot each others downfall. With a plot twist about the sheep, and how they are evil and destructive, the sheep are always up to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Rasmus wrote: »

Not sure how relevant his lack of English is for the job, horses generally arent big talkers so language barrier shouldnt be a problem.

Also if hes willing to do the job longterm and you were leaving in a few weeks it makes sense for your boss to take him on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

We need to keep cool heads here and not do something rash that we'll all regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Just ring the Hungarian lad and do the taken speech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Go on Hungarian strike?
    best reply ever !

• Advertisement
Advertisement