Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They took my job

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Threaten the farmer you'll report him for tax evasion or rob the hungarian at knifepoint every day he leaves work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Rat the farmer out.

Stupid prick is asking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

report him for being on a jobless benefit whilst working,it shoudnt be done only when been fcked over by someone either,if are interested in the safe guarding of irelands public money and benefits being kept for those who genuinely need them then people shoud be reporting the fiddlers which in turn will help look after society.
    forget revenge,if truly hate him for what he did then it makes more sense to pay him no attention or mental space whatsoever rather than dedicating the negative feelings and thoughts of building revenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

cruiser178 wrote: »
    So you wouldn't do a cash job to earn a little, badly needed extra cash? bullsiht

This is what I really love about AH - the complete lack of irony in saying something like that.

Shure the Hungarian guy is just "doing a few nixers", right? Maybe he needs the extra cash badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

kowloon wrote: »
    Also, write graffiti about both the employer and the Hungarian on a toilet wall.

We need to keep cool heads here and not do something rash that we'll all regret.

Write graffiti about the employer, in Hungarian.

Also, switch off the Mains supply to the water tank, piss in tank, delayed, remote, piss blasting ensues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

How do you know so much about this Hungarian's finances? And would the employer really go into all these details with you?? Especially given its only a summer job...

I call bullish!t A Hungarian stolet your girlfriend didn't he!?!

Corkonian jilted; hooray for Hungary! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

Call in a tactical nuclear strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Put sand in his vaseline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

areyawell wrote: »
    Just ring the Hungarian lad and do the taken speech

Agreed. This should do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Listen to the little leprechaun man OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

ERMERGERD DER TERKER JERBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

Pataman wrote: »
    Put sand in his vaseline

Ugh that is just evil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hide the Swans before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

Give the horses red food dye in their food and water thennn ring the american and tell him the horses are pissin blood because the hungarian isn't looking after them properly and he'd be crazy not to fire him and hire you back :D

Not responsible for any harm the red dye may actually cause the horses....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

"cnut of a farmer"
    "prick of a farmer"

Well I'm a farmer and if I had a choice between you bunch of foul mouths and a polite european , I know who I would get while I was on holidays! OP, I get the feeling you will have a chip on your shoulder till the day you die, and coming on here to ask advice about crapping in his drinking water tank rather reinforces my view of you. Mack in Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭jimbomalley

"cnut of a farmer"
    "prick of a farmer"

Well I'm a farmer and if I had a choice between you bunch of foul mouths and a polite european , I know who I would get while I was on holidays! OP, I get the feeling you will have a chip on your shoulder till the day you die, and coming on here to ask advice about crapping in his drinking water tank rather reinforces my view of you. Mack in Cavan.

Pretty dumb comment tbh. Nice stereotyping, everyone on boards is foul mouthed and all Europeans are polite. I've another one for you, all farmers are tight cnuts who fiddle their income so all their runts get free university

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Tell him to go back to Sofia.

(seriously though .... shop the prick)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

If he does end up working for the farmer, hide out in the farm when the Hungarian is working and see where he leaves his lunch. Then open his sandwich or roll and take a ****e in but make sure its concealed in it so he wont notice it. Also if he has a drink take a piss in it. Then sit back and enjoy the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So the op was going a job cash in hand. Got undercut and the new person is on the dole aswell.

Question that screams aloud is that was the op not on the social too ;) ? But perhaps left that out? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So the op was going a job cash in hand. Got undercut and the new person is on the dole aswell.

Question that screams aloud is that was the op not on the social too ;) ? But perhaps left that out? ;)

He's a student

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Pretend to leave, but really, hide in the attic. Nip down when the Hungarian is out shovveling horse**** and move his stuff around. Make a few ghostie noises in the middle of the night and hey presto, he'll run a mile. Hungarians are notoriously afraid of anything ghoulash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Experment 1.1 - what should student do?

Observations
    1:
    Your a student.
    2: It is now September.

Conclusion:
    You will be starting back in college any day now so i dont see how it matters that you lost your job. You would have had to quit any day now anway

Recommendations
    Go back to college and get drunk and layed and whatever else you are into with all the money you earned during summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

[AH] Welcome to the real world. Grow up and move on. [/AH]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Experment 1.1 - what should student do?

Observations
    1:
    Your a student.
    2: It is now September.

Conclusion:
    You will be starting back in college any day now so i dont see how it matters that you lost your job. You would have had to quit any day now anway

Recommendations
    Go back to college and get drunk and layed and whatever else you are into with all the money you earned during summer.

I'd potential earnings of 750 to put towards getting wasted and layed , of course I'm furious :P

@ B.A._Baracus I can't get the dole I'm a student , you know what I'm Studying ? Chinese and Finance , Why ? Because when I do qualify I'll more than likely have to go to china to work if I can't get a job here , which is very likely , so yeah I'm not sponging of the goverment , I'm paying my own college fees as my parents are means tested and are deemed capable of paying my fees , which I can't ask them to do ,
    So yeah I'm pissed

Don't think I'm going to rat him out I'll see , I just needed to vent about how it's bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

when I do qualify I'll more than likely have to go to China to work if I can't get a job here

You could have just studied English and got a job in England. Or studied Polish and got a job over here.

"cnut of a farmer"
    "prick of a farmer"

Cushy Job ha , you for real ? , this wasn't a cushy job

Stuck in the middle of no where 9 km from nearest town ,
    Working 7 days a week , 24 / 7
    Getting 250 a week out of which I'd to buy my own food ect
    Mucking out 13 stables a day , looking after 4 thoroughbreds with laminitis another 2 with fungal infections on their socks
    Doing the gardening , dragging fallen trees off the avenue ect ect

BTW this guy isn't exactly short of a few pennies , especially when he can afford to fly his horses across from Florida and Texas to be bred in Ireland but then I suppose most of his workers in america are illegal Mexicans , he's used to riding rough shot over them

Got much in common with him now Mack from Cavan :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

Pretty dumb comment tbh. Nice stereotyping, everyone on boards is foul mouthed and all Europeans are polite. I've another one for you, all farmers are tight cnuts who fiddle their income so all their runts get free university

and ride their own horses and sheep when nobody is watching:cool:

Cushy Job ha , you for real ? , this wasn't a cushy job

Stuck in the middle of no where 9 km from nearest town ,
    Working 7 days a week , 24 / 7
    Getting 250 a week out of which I'd to buy my own food ect
    Mucking out 13 stables a day , looking after 4 thoroughbreds with laminitis another 2 with fungal infections on their socks
    Doing the gardening , dragging fallen trees off the avenue ect ect

BTW this guy isn't exactly short of a few pennies , especially when he can afford to fly his horses across from Florida and Texas to be bred in Ireland but then I suppose most of his workers in america are illegal Mexicans , he's used to riding rough shot over them

Got much in common with him now Mack from Cavan :rolleyes:
    Jasus. Remind me again why you are whinging about it ending? Stockholm syndrom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Pottler wrote: »
    Jasus. Remind me again why you are whinging about it ending? Stockholm syndrom?
    becouse that was 750 quid he could have spent on drink and getting layed when he went back to college :eek: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I'd potential earnings of 750 to put towards getting wasted and layed , of course I'm furious :P

@ B.A._Baracus I can't get the dole I'm a student , you know what I'm Studying ? Chinese and Finance , Why ? Because when I do qualify I'll more than likely have to go to china to work if I can't get a job here , which is very likely , so yeah I'm not sponging of the goverment , I'm paying my own college fees as my parents are means tested and are deemed capable of paying my fees , which I can't ask them to do ,
    So yeah I'm pissed

Don't think I'm going to rat him out I'll see , I just needed to vent about how it's bollox

With a degree in Chinese and Finance you won't have to go as far as China. You probably won't even have to leave Ireland. Furtherest probably will be London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So yeah I'm pissed

I know where you are coming from op. Its not fair.
    Many a man has been undercut. Especially since the EU has expanded in recent years. The messed up thing is entire professions have been hurt (Building trade, satellite installers, etc)

As for reporting him?
    well, for what its worth you sound decent, mate. You werent quick to report him out of being instantly venomous because of the situation. You even state how are you unlikely to report him. Thats a good personal trait.

Only thing that has to be said is ... I guess would he brush it off if you undercut him tho? And the employer himself could of kept you on until you went back to college.... Realising this I dont think you would be a "dickhead" if you did report.

This bloke took 3 weeks money off you (That is personal) and the employer didnt wanna fork out an extra 240 (Sent you down the road)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Report both the Hungarian to the Social Welfare and the Farmer to the Revenue Commissioners. You were being exploited also at €250 a week so you might aswell hang them all out to dry.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Report both the Hungarian to the Social Welfare and the Farmer to the Revenue Commissioners. You were being exploited also at €250 a week so you might aswell hang them all out to dry.
    Orrr....leave, let Mr Hungary get settled in, ring mr Texas and inform him tha unless you recieve €750 err "redundancy", you will have no choice but to ring and report him. Might as well be a machiavellian cnunt, gets a result, dosh, no shovelling and everyone lives. Result. Blackmail ftw:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Xo let me get this right
    While I pay taxes & am bow being screwed even mite by the government for an extra 3-500 euro home tax, You will let this dole AND tax Cheat scab off my back
    And you think that's OK, but whinge that there won't be resources or opportunities for you when you qualify.
    Dead right : if you let this continue.
    Wanna live in China & eat mystery meat & be an outcast for the Rest of your life...just carry on & do nothing.

Usual Irish solution.
    Whinge & no action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Just a few observations on the issue of "cash in hand" which seems to be operating here.

1 To the OP. You mentioned earlier that you didn't want your money tied up in emergency tax. Well if the farmer was a proper employer and you or he had registered the employment at the start you wouldn't end up on emergency tax. Even if you did, you could have claimed it back. Lots of students deliberately leave themselves in emergency tax for summer jobs in order to save money. Just for the record, a single person can earn €16500 in a year without paying PAYE.
    Also as he is not paying PRSI on your behalf you are losing out on any potential benefits the PRSI would have covered.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/circumstances/student.html

2 The farmer is not complying with PAYE regulations meaning up to a €4000 fine or the coughing up the PAYE( @ 41% due to non operation of paye), PRSI and USC due on your wages. This may come to light anyway if he claims your wages as a deduction in his farm accounts for 2012. Or you could report him if you wish.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/paye/guide/index.html

3 The Hungarian is again allowing the farmer to get away with non operation of PAYE so same as above for the farmer. There is also the issue of being in receipt of welfare and working so I'm sure the DSP would be interested in speaking with him to ensure all is above board.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/contactus/Pages/reportfraud.aspx

Edit: Just to clarify OP I do not agree with your choice to work cash in hand but you did it apparently, willingly. Working cash in hand gives you no protection from anything really. Working legitimately is the only way to ensure you have some sort of legal protection.

Xo let me get this right
    While I pay taxes & am bow being screwed even mite by the government for an extra 3-500 euro home tax, You will let this dole AND tax Cheat scab off my back
    And you think that's OK, but whinge that there won't be resources or opportunities for you when you qualify.
    Dead right : if you let this continue.
    Wanna live in China & eat mystery meat & be an outcast for the Rest of your life...just carry on & do nothing.

Usual Irish solution.
    Whinge & no action.
    OP, you understand chinese, translate that there pls, good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Shop him and his employer to the Dole, take photo's of him at 'work' etc as proof.

Its hard but do not do anything to this guy's farm.

Hitting him in the pocket by him getting a fine.

Shop him and his employer to the Dole, take photo's of him at 'work' etc as proof.

Its hard but do not do anything to this guy's farm.

Hitting him in the pocket by him getting a fine.
    Why? Feck off to college OP, move on, everything for a reason, etc etc. WTF would you care about loosing such a crappy "job"????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dik tuk din jurrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

emigrate to austrlia......there will be room for another hungarian then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

I've a plan. Everyone from boards show up at his farm tomoorrow and move around in circles and making funny faces at any animals we see. That will show that farmer.

Who is with me !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

and then, as I was milking de cows in the middle of nowhere, this foreigner, right, he comes up to the boss, and get this...etc.

fook off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

twinQuins wrote: »
    This is what I really love about AH - the complete lack of irony in saying something like that.

Shure the Hungarian guy is just "doing a few nixers", right? Maybe he needs the extra cash badly.

Not fully sure what you mean with that post, but anyway the op states he was under cut by someone who is obviously willing to work for nothing and take him out of a job. Im in the building trade a long and time and i have lost quite a lot of jobs because of been under cut.

eg

Few months ago i priced a job painting the full inside of a of a house, i priced it at € 900 euro (thats cheap,two ppl have to be paid), the client got back to me a week later and said he had a couple of polish lads that would do the same job for €500. I had to equal that or lose the job, so i did and got it. It took 6 days and two ppl to do it, i also have 4 kids to feed. I know what its like to be under cut and imo anybody that does that is a scab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Dik tuk din jurrrr

I cant believe these type of posts still get thanked on Boards :confused:

• Advertisement

Corkguy, did you stop to think how a guy in the States managed to get in touch with a Hungarian guy in Cork, or vise-versa,? No doubt you were airing your vieews of the farmer down the pub and someone he is in contact with reported it back to him. By the way , you should thank the Hungarian guy for relieving you of such a crappy job, working 24 hours a day for months!
    Mack in Cavan

Corkguy, did you stop to think how a guy in the States managed to get in touch with a Hungarian guy in Cork, or vise-versa,? No doubt you were airing your vieews of the farmer down the pub and someone he is in contact with reported it back to him. By the way , you should thank the Hungarian guy for relieving you of such a crappy job, working 24 hours a day for months!
    Mack in Cavan

Online Advert thats how I got it , emailed my CV , it also included the wage , obviously the Hungarian lad got in contact and said he'd do it for less
    No doubt , when I clearly said I was stuck in the farm with out transport for 2 months , to do my shoping I'd to cycle to the town , no way I was cycling in the pitch black when langers , I'd no reason to be annoyed with job before that I was pretty happy , don't know what type of views I'd be airing
    You're on an agenda first to blame me for giving out about the farmer and now to suggest it was my own fault for mouthing off about the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Drag a few bales of hay upstairs, fill the bath up with water, lead two or three horses up the stairs and rip the staircase out before you leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

How do you know he's on social benefits?

Make spooky ghost noises in his bathroom window and pop a balloon behind a tree very close to him.

Welcome to the real world, someone tendered a lower price than you did. You did not get any contract specifying pay or term. May I suggest a career in the Government for you? Then you can crap on us all, not just in one guys drinking water! Mack in Cavan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement