Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Horrible day, Misty and blowing rain. Some strong gusts earlier too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning September day here. Clear blue skies (with the exception of the lenticular clouds over the mountains). 20.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Was in Dublin this morning/early afternoon-it was lovely there with clear blue skies. Back in Castlebar now-Cloudy and dull.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Was in Dublin this morning/early afternoon-it was lovely there with clear blue skies.

I tell no lies. :p 20.8c here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My weather station alarm just went off and when i had a look it had recorded a gust of 102mph in the back garden :eek:

Didn't see any twisters out tho :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Supercell wrote: »
    Some lenticular clouds around the nearby Wicklow mountains but apart from that its a lovely summer/autumn day

Above Ashford this evening - lovely :)
    bf9f51988b1fe999d126f2bdbe36c96f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Its been a brilliant day here, with temperatures just about right at about 19*C. Unlike the last few days, there have been virtually no clouds in the sky, so tonight might be a bit chilly. There was a lot of fog around this morning, however, which we often see here around Autumn.

Ashford

Currently 14.9c (max 20.7c at 4pm :D, min 7c)
    Humidity 77%
    Wind 4.3km/h (max gust 22.9km/h)
    Pressure 1023.9hPa falling slowly
    No rain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Clear skies this morning now fair, calm and feeling warm. About 5 octas coverage of very thin cloud.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Cloudy/Overcast in Cork city all morning , although it is starting to brighten up a bit now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gorgeous afternoon, skies clearing nicely, 2-3 octas coverage and feeling very warm :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kilkenny is buried in cloud again. Not cold or anything, just miss the sun :(

Bright and sunny in Castlebar now after after a very dull morning/rnoon.afte

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Anyone who is still awake at 0100h and has clear skies, you'll be able to see the half moon approaching Jupiter. Where I am (eight times to the west) we have the opportunity to see the Moon occulting Jupiter at about 0400h local time (but that's noon in Ireland so the event would be taking place in daylight near the western horizon, perhaps it could be seen through binoculars, if you have any clear skies off to your west, the moon itself should be easy enough to find). If I can stay awake that long, I may go for a look as we're in a clear (and very warm) pattern. Currently 30 C here at 2:15 p.m. and a cloudless sky.

Ashford

Currently 13.8c
    Humidity 96%
    Wind light SSE
    Pressure 1019.9hPa falling
    No rain

Cloudy start, I can see (or rather I can't see) Wicklow Town in the distance is buried in mist

Another lovely day here. Mostly clear skies. Sun. 19.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Absolutely glorious here today...Bbq fired up and fridge stocked with beer:D

Dry and Sunny in Castlebar with a light to moderate SW'LY.

21.3c atm after reaching 21.7c earlier. Clear blue skies and just e very light breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Tornado in NYC, touched down in Queens and Brooklyn.

Heading my direction later today. Fun day ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pissing rain here in Enniscorthy,drizzle all morning but lashing rain now:(

I miss the sun.

Sunny here now. No rain (so far) today. 20.5c atm.

Cool and cloudy in Castlebar with showery outbreaks of rain.

Cloudy and wet in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Overcast and raining on/off here in North Tipperary.
    Temperature is 18 Celsius with little or no breeze.

Torrential rain for an hour today between 15.00 and 16.00, over 16mm - caused local flooding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Horrible :( Bring back summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

mike65 wrote: »
    Horrible :( Bring back winter!

Fixed that post for ya

Torrential rain Castlebar-now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

A cool 7c this morning with torrential rain, some great convection and anvils on display! Really felt like a typical Autumn morning this morning.

Advertisement