Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogba released by Shanghai Shenhua

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

doc_17 wrote: »
    Whilst Drogba would do a good job for Liverpool I wouldn't want him at my club. His behaviour on the field in terms of diving is terrible. I've disliked him for 8 years and that won't stop now. horrible person
    Yes because a bit of on field theatrics makes you a bad person.

Given how much charity wirk the man does and what hes done for his country,if Drogba is a bad person then we're all going to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

-Ade- wrote: »
    Huh..

He clearly means supporters. Why bother being so pedantic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

daRobot wrote: »

Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

doc_17 wrote: »
    Whilst Drogba would do a good job for Liverpool I wouldn't want him at my club. His behaviour on the field in terms of diving is terrible. I've disliked him for 8 years and that won't stop now. horrible person
    Yes because a bit of on field theatrics makes you a bad person.

Given how much charity wirk the man does and what hes done for his country,if Drogba is a bad person then we're all going to hell.

Yeah you're right. I shouldn't have said that. Maybe unlikeable while he's in the pitch is what I was trying to get at. I'm sure he's a lovely man in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

daRobot wrote: »

I think he meant why was he embarrassed by all Liverpool fans in here when some of us said we would happy to see drogba at Liverpool nothing to do with his grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Imagine Suarez and Drogba on the one team ? :D the amount of diving whinging and moaning would be out of this world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

threein99 wrote: »
    Imagine Suarez and Drogba on the one team ? :D the amount of diving whinging and moaning would out of this world
    It would be like a game of twister in the penalty area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

threein99 wrote: »
    Imagine Suarez and Drogba on the one team ? :D the amount of diving whinging and moaning would out of this world

I bet Suarez would choose a different "friendly" name for him at the training ground too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Panthro wrote: »
    Remember the Champions League Final where he scored the equalizer and then scored the winning penalty.

I'm not doubting his greatness as a player, I was just pointing out that the guy who said he had " cut out " the diving in recent years was being wholly inaccurate. He was probably the best striker in the Premiership for most of his Chelsea career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mixed up wrote: »
    Roy keane has even been known to dive at times.
    Video or GTFO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

So that's drogba, Anelka, Owen and del piero all available on frees. Sounds like a Sam allardyce wet dream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Owen_S wrote: »
    As if people are going to feel sympathy for Barcelona being the victims of diving, when some of their players are responsible for some of the most high-profile diving in recent years. He beat them at their own game in that sense.

Well that post has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.

I'm not talking about Barcelona. I'm talking about the specific claim that Drogba 'cut out' his diving. Which is clearly false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Hang on, did you, a multi time winner of the annual biased poster award, just accuse someone else of bias clouding their judgement?

That's taking the pot and kettle to a whole new level

Yea I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought Freebies can move when ever they want as in unnattached players id love him at arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Why the fúck couldn't this happen before Juventus signed Nicklas Bendtner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I would adore seeing Drogba at Liverpool for the season. It won't happen, but a move like that would immediately change the whole complexion of the team. We have so many good midfielders and support players, but no out and out goalscorer to finish moves off (Borini pending of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I would adore seeing Drogba at Liverpool for the season. It won't happen, but a move like that would immediately change the whole complexion of the team. We have so many good midfielders and support players, but no out and out goalscorer to finish moves off (Borini pending of course).

I don't think Liverpools owners have the stomach for the kind of wages Drogba would expect.

Advertisement