Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee Car Parking at AIB Bank Centre, Ballsbridge

Options
  • 01-09-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    I am starting a job at the bank centre this week and just want to check if there is employee parking (even if it is remote) provided. I have read some older threads that indicate it is applied, but they are over five years old so I am interested if anyone can confirm if this is still the case.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine very little, which means you would need a permit. http://binged.it/QOIDQ7 On-street parking would be €20+ per day and maximum 3 hours.

They do however have a direct connection to Lansdowne Road DART station (staff ID and pre-paid ticket probably required).

Bus 4, 7 (both high frequency), 18 (normal route) 8, 27x, 120 (limited service).

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

As Victor said, there is a very limited amount of staff parking spaces and you do need a permit. Realistically if you're not in before 8 am you will not get a space. It does clear out after 3pm, so if you end up parking on the street, you can move your car in.

If the DART is any way feasible, it would be a better option. You don't even need a staff card to use the staff gate, it's not locked. Irish Rail have increasingly frequent ticket inpections though. You will be fined if you have travelled without a ticket or made walk (about 15 minutes) around to the main station entrance to purchase one if you are intending on travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Actually, you need to be in before 7am if you want a parking space in Bankcentre. I'm not exaggerating. You do need a permit, as mentioned above.

You can park in the YMCA car park down the road for a 5er a day. Or the RDS accross the road is 6 euro a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Actually, you need to be in before 7am if you want a parking space in Bankcentre. I'm not exaggerating. You do need a permit, as mentioned above.

You can park in the YMCA car park down the road for a 5er a day. Or the RDS accross the road is 6 euro a day.

Worse than I thought! I think the Pembroke Hockey Club across the road does something like that too. You can sign up and have your account debited monthly, works out reasonable enough per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭robo

Wanderers rugby club which is about a 15 minute walk from Bank Centre does parking for AIB staff for about €650 a year. I don't work in AIB but know of a friend who does, I can check about the parking contact details for you if you want it before you start or I presume if you ask AIB HR about it, they will gladly give you details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 bigaudio

Thanks for all the help :)
    I am driving up from the South East so really driving is my only option (at least part of the way). I will check out the RDS and using the Dart from Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bigaudio wrote: »
    I am driving up from the South East so really driving is my only option (at least part of the way). I will check out the RDS and using the Dart from Bray.

If you're going the DART option, consider Greystones where there's a large free car park. Bray is pay-parking everywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

bigaudio wrote: »

There were lots of people doing the same thing when I was there a few years ago. AIB got rid of lots spaces 3 years ago. If you are in early there is free parking in Sandymount/Ringsend (forget about BKC) and a few other places if you take a drive around. A lot of people would rent a space on a monthly basis for about €100 check daft.ie

Advertisement