Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bonus point in Maths

• 01-09-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hiya,

I am doing Higher Level Maths for my Leaving Cert, does this mean i will get 25 bonus points automatically for just passing the higher level paper

OR

must Maths be one of my best six subjects in order for me to be awarded the bonus points.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

You will get the 25 points if you pass HL Maths but you can only use them if Maths is part of the 6 subjects you will use for points purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RED PASSION

jonseyblub wrote: »
    You will get the 25 points if you pass HL Maths but you can only use them if Maths is part of the 6 subjects you will use for points purposes.

For confirmation, if i got 80 pts each, in all 6 subjects, and 70 pts in Maths, does this mean Maths in included in my Leaving Cert points (out of 600) because i have a total of 95 pts (70+25 pts)or excluded because I did better in the other 6 subjects (have higher points).

is my Leaving cert points 480pts (6x80pts) or 495 pts (5x80pts+95pts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

jonseyblub wrote: »

For confirmation, if i got 80 pts each, in all 6 subjects, and 70 pts in Maths, does this mean Maths in included in my Leaving Cert points (out of 600) because i have a total of 95 pts (70+25 pts)or excluded because I did better in the other 6 subjects (have higher points).

is my Leaving cert points 480pts (6x80pts) or 495 pts (5x80pts+95pts)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Hiya,

I am doing Higher Level Maths for my Leaving Cert, does this mean i will get 25 bonus points automatically for just passing the higher level paper

OR

must Maths be one of my best six subjects in order for me to be awarded the bonus points.

Thank you
    Calculate your Maths points including bonus points, If these are one of your best 6, you use them, If not, you don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Add 25 points to your maths, now look at your results and pick the top 6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement