Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look for a particular type of stock/inventory program..

Options
  • 01-09-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Small retail operation im helping out. Basically just trying to make things easier regards stock and sales reports. Currently they are using a till and spreadsheets effective but s plenty of faults.

What I need is a simple program that will let me enter all our products into stock and then be able enter in transactions as they happen which then reflects stock levels. Then needs to generate a daily stock and sales report that goes back to head office.

Been able to enter cost prices and generating profit margin aswell would be a bonus but not essential.

Any ideas?

Regards

rob

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openbravopos/
    works very well. It's a java based app so will work on any PC or OS.
    I've used in on small, low voltage, atom based PCs running linux, attached to touchscreens, cash drawer, barcode scanner & receipt printer. and it worked very well.

Out of the box it will use an emedded derby database which makes installation very straight forward - but, if need be, it can be configured to use any DB.

As well as the retail side of the app there is an Admin section that will allow the printing of labels, stock levels & transaction reports.

Advertisement