Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage bird not molting

Options
  • 01-09-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Any body out there have any ideas on this.
    Have two finches seperate cages, one started to molt about a month ago.
    the other one has shown no sign of losing any feathers, he has stopped singing as I expected but not even one feather on cage floor. he is on a varied diet with greens a couple of times a week plus cuttle bone, he has a bath every day which he really enjoys, looks outwardly healthy. The reason that I am concerned is that a number of people inthe bird scene have told me that this is a rare occurence and invariably the bird declines and dies.
    Any advice or is this an old wives tale.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Sorry to hear, but wrong forum mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Sorry to hear, but wrong forum mate.

Or possibly the best joke ever? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi
    Any body out there have any ideas on this.
    Have two finches seperate cages, one started to molt about a month ago.
    the other one has shown no sign of losing any feathers, he has stopped singing as I expected but not even one feather on cage floor. he is on a varied diet with greens a couple of times a week plus cuttle bone, he has a bath every day which he really enjoys, looks outwardly healthy. The reason that I am concerned is that a number of people inthe bird scene have told me that this is a rare occurence and invariably the bird declines and dies.
    Any advice or is this an old wives tale.
    Thanks
    pluck the ****er:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

We'll if things turn out for the worse I would recommend bread crumbs and a bit of garlic butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

3421788634.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement