Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films with music as one of the main themes...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

24 hour party people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Walk Hard:The Dewey Cox Story

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

How about Billy Elliot and Amélie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Footloose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Taking Woodstock is another one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

24 Hour Party People is a great film. Set in Manchester and charting the independent music scene there from the late 70's up to the early 90's. Some funny moments too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Erm...Music and Lyrics starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Submarine

Alex Turner(of the Arctic Monkeys) wrote and performed the soundtrack for this movie, without the music I wouldnt have watched it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Submarine

Alex Turner(of the Arctic Monkeys) wrote and performed the soundtrack for this movie, without the music I wouldnt have watched it
    Love that film. However I wouldn't go so far as to say that music is one of it's main themes, certainly as regards the storyline. I don't care much for the Arctic Monkeys or Alex Turner but it is a nice soundtrack and suits the film really well.

Advertisement