Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News update from a broken hearted dog lover

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Op I would advise you to not answer any post in this thread and maybe make a thread on how to get your child over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Dodd wrote: »
    So if your daughter was assaulted/attacked by a women you would keep her away from all women for a year.?

Are you really trying to compare women with domesticated animals?

Yes,I wanted to see how long I would get away with it before some one would ask that.
    It is still a valid point though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

dahamsta wrote: »
    If I hadn't looked at the post history I would have called troll. The last thread on this topic in particular demonstrates an incredible level of selfishness: My child was attacked by a dog but poor me, I'm the one that suffering because I had to put it down. And now poor me again, rather than reintroduce dogs gradually as common sense would suggest, I brought a couple of them into my home and the child is terrified. Poor poor me.

Pathetic.

100% this.

You have to remember that this is a man who between his son being savaged by a dog and going to the hospital, logged into an Internet forum to discuss the how bad he felt for the dog.

Serious issues with regard to parenting and life in general IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

Dodd wrote: »

Yes,I wanted to see how long I would get away with it before some one would ask that.
    It is still a valid point though.

@Dodd So a dog and a woman are the same in your mind .. That's what your saying ?

As for Irishhomer , I actually thought this was some kind of weird joke post.but I actually read some of your old posts and from what I see you generally spend one sentence on your now scarred for life child , and at least three paragraphs feeling sorry for yourself and a dog you made aggressive . I have a Belgian malinois who is brilliant around my kid BUT as a parent if the dog for one second displayed aggressiveness to my child I would not hesitate to get rid of her. You watched the dog for months and knew it was dangerous . Worse is you bring TWO dogs in again , while your soon is still physically and mentally healing ... Questions need to be asked about your ability to make decisions rationaly. Let your son decide when he wants to see or interact with dogs. Otherwise your gonna ruin his life by leaving him with this fear of dogs .

• Advertisement

aodhan2 wrote: »
    @Dodd So a dog and a woman are the same in your mind .. That's what your saying ?

No.
    I would not shag a dog.:)

I could have said man/person/Black person/deer/cat.....ect but then all sorts of stuff would have been brought into the threat then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Just wishing to update folks hhere on my situation.

My sons wound to his upper face is healing fairly well but he is scarred for life, his scar resembles a shape of a horse shoe as yo can see the entire formation fo the dogs upper mouth above my sons eye/forehead.

Some of you may recall you that are regulars here i had the awfull experince on losing my beloved 3yr old GSD two months ago after he attacked my son for the 2nd time and caused severe permanent wounds to his face all due to the dog being over possive of me etc etc.

Anyway two months later and i have just minded a pals two dogs for a week while he is away on holiday.

This has brought back a lot of memories for me taking the dogs out to the same fields to hunt rabbits and do what dogs do.

Since my dog has not been in my home the two pet cats we have have grown very close to me. I also am now very close and fond of them too. Even thouugh i have thoroughly enjoyed minding the two dogs for the past week i think i will carry on staying dog free for the foceable future :(

I envy all the happy dog lovers out there on this forum you dont know how lucky you all are and hope nothing bad ever happens like what happened me.

I don't want to start digging up the past here all over again i dont want to debate/discuss the story all over again just wishing to let you all have an update.

I havent read the whole thread as I just dont have the time but I had to comment on the highlighted bit.

This implies that the main focus of the OP was the loss of the dog rather than the horrific injuries inflicted on the child - that of course may not be the case.

I know we all become very very attached to dogs and , to a lesser extent, cats. However, the the priorityin parents mind should always be much more towards their child and the physical and emotional effects of the incident than the personal looss of the dog (however traumatic and emotional that may be).

I hope you and the child recover quickly and fully from these traumas.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dear Jesus.

Thread=trainwreck.

The original thread went the same way and it looks like this one has become an idiot magnet aswell.

Thread locked.And be thankful I havent banned at least 5 of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement