Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tan or no tan for holiday

• 01-09-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

So I stopped using fake tan a few years ago and now just use Sally Hansen on my "exposed" part, usually just arms and some leg.

I'm White White and like a hint of colour (I use light glow SH)

So I'm going on a med cruise next week with three days in Barcelona after. I'm unsure what to do about tan.

I was thinking of staying White in the day (in bikini) and putting some Sally on a night. But I don't like the idea of being so pale in a swimsuit. I'm literally see through.

Or I was going to do my own tan (either dove summer glow or loreal sublime) and topping up over there.

BUT how do you maintain it abroad without it going streaky/blotchy. I'll be in the pool and sea maybe once a day but not for too long. It will also be very hot.

What do most do?

PS, I don't sunbathe on hols so there will be no chance of me getting a real tan!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'm in the same situation as you - kind of afraid to get a spray tan as it will probably melt off. My friend got one recently that lasted over a week so think I will try that out this week and see what I think and just top up as I need to,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

ams wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation as you - kind of afraid to get a spray tan as it will probably melt off. My friend got one recently that lasted over a week so think I will try that out this week and see what I think and just top up as I need to,.

decisions!! i bought some st tropez everyday gradual tan so will ztart that tomorrow.

bringing sally hansen with me just in case and will top up while im there

i look ill with no hint of colour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm getting a full body spray tan on thursday for my hols this weekend. Im used to tan though and i have it on some or all of me every week. My plan is to moisturise,moisturise and moisturise while on hols to minimise the patchiness and hopefully transition into the real tan by the time i come home.

Whats the bets ill look like a patchy red lobster though after 3 days :D

The gradual tanner is good though if you just want to take the paleness away so id definitely start with that. It also doesnt seem to go as patchy as other tans do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I wouldn't recommend a spray tan. It will come off when in the water, and you will be left all streaky imo.

When I went away I bought Fake bake flawless. It's expensive enough but worth it. You can put it on before going out at night, you can see where it's going and is completely streak free. Gives a nice natural medium color.

It doesn't go on too heavy so when you wash it off it leaves a nice glow (especially when the sun hits it) It comes off easy in the shower so you can top it up again that night and repeat how may days you like without looking like an umpa lumpa :D

I can't swim so will just stay out of the water! Can see the whole thing being disastrous but need something to make me look less like a marshmallow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

Hi There,

I do spray tanning and I have had a lot of clients getting tans done before there holidays and they have been fine. You really need to look after it though by moisturising 2/3 times a day if you want it to look fresh. If you are going to swim you just need to moisturise straight after to stop your skin going dry and the tan going patchy.If u do get little patches all u need to do is exfoliate them areas lightly and they will blend back in.Also if the tan does start fading near the end of your holiday just bring a gradual tan and top it up and it will be perfect again.
    This is the advice I give all my clients and they seem to get on grand.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Just to update this post holiday, i was delighted i got the spray tan before hand. I wore factor 20 for the first few days then went down spfs towards the end. My friend said i went home the same colour as i came out :D which was good enough for me. Didnt have any problems with patchiness at all and the tan going home was the real deal. I moisturised A LOT throughout the week though.

Unfortunately didn't have as much look as you Annie! Got the spray tan on Friday morning - looked great until I woke up Sunday morning and whole patches had worn off my back and it was coming off in rolls off my upper body as if I hadn't exfoliated beforehand.

Just scrubbed my whole body with a facecloth and it didnt look too bad - it held a bit longer on my legs.

Have zero tan after my holidays as well - just some freckles and patchy red bits :rolleyes:

Advertisement