Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which operator for light internet only?

Options
  • 01-09-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

I have a 14 year old work phone that i can use for private use as it has free calls and texts all the time within Ireland.

I have tried to get the job to add internet but they will not do so.

I have a private phone (unlocked smartphone) but this phone is rarely used for calls as everyone always associates my old work number and no matter how many times i try to tell people to use my private number they never do.

So anyway i am just looking for advice for my private smartphone, which operator would offer me the best value for light mobile internet only?

any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Most operators charge 99/c a day for 50mb. Pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Great summary Captain Morgan, Thats interesting costs. Three seems great value, Im thinking of changing over to three pay soon, what with there any network texts, free any network calls at the weekend etc etc.

I know our town has a three 3g mast, its next to Garda station/Eircom exchange. Its out of town i would worry. Only downside i can see with three is their european roaming is very expensive. (Uk, its grand as its same as home, but we visit Poland 2 or 3 times a year).

Tesco use the O2 network??

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I tried meteor but I got very poor data speeds and coverage vs O2. I think you should try prepay for a month and see how much you use, then decide based on that. I'm using a lot less than I though, because I'm around Wifi or a computer so much.

Advertisement