Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Driving out towards Ballysheedy/Fedamore

• 01-09-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭

Lads if anyone is driving out towards Ballysheedy/Fedamore be very careful going by the side of Southill and if at all avoid it. Right at the top of the hill on the left hand side before you go down towards the fly over there are lads there nearly every night firing rocks out at cars. A mate of mine two weeks ago had a cinder block thrown at his car and destroyed his bonnet, only for he wasn't going fast it would have gone through his windscreen. Another lad just tonight had a brick thrown at his windscreen after we played a match out in Rathuard. I have had rocks thrown at my car there also and only two nights ago they threw a wheelie bin out onto the road as oncoming cars were approaching.

This used to happen on and off and the lads that did it would just run off into Southill. It seems to be getting a lot worse at the moment. We notified the gardai the night it hit the bonnet and were told it was the second report that night and they'd take a spin up that way for a look. Nothing seems to have been done since and I understand it's probably very hard to catch the buggers. I'm just waiting for a serious accident there though were someone gets killed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Happend the father about 2 years ago aswell a rock fired off his windscreen made a massive chip lucky it wasn't smashed in fully , and the bloody speed ramps make every car an easy target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was driving past there coming from Ballysheedy, and they tried to hit my car as I was going past, luckily they didnt, as I was going fast enough coming up the hill.

They time it I guess, when they hear the car going over the rumble strips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

That's my route in and out from home to Limerick. Haven't spotted them recently but I had the car hit with a stone there about a year ago. I'd say they were about 11/12 YO so not much you can do.

Rang the Gardai at the time they said they know and are sending someone (come on how far is Roxboro).

You can always go out the Kilmallock road its not as bad. Its sad to say I don't cycle to town, its not the miles before its that 400 meters or so along the housing estate that would worry me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Come to think of it if you are near the Crescent side of town you can head out by the old crescent rugby club and get on the Fedamore road that way. Its a shorter run than Southill if you are out that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

wingnut wrote: »
    That's my route in and out from home to Limerick. Haven't spotted them recently but I had the car hit with a stone there about a year ago. I'd say they were about 11/12 YO so not much you can do.

Rang the Gardai at the time they said they know and are sending someone (come on how far is Roxboro).

You can always go out the Kilmallock road its not as bad. Its sad to say I don't cycle to town, its not the miles before its that 400 meters or so along the housing estate that would worry me.
    wingnut wrote: »
    Come to think of it if you are near the Crescent side of town you can head out by the old crescent rugby club and get on the Fedamore road that way. Its a shorter run than Southill if you are out that way.

Have started using the Old Cork road instead alright and if I can I use the back road over from Dooradoyle. It's an awful pity though that you have to go the long way round for fear of your car being damaged driving on a main road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Know the area well and used to travel that way heading for the 4th boreen,which joins the Old Cork Rd.Was civilised then.Sad that it has become an assault zone,a no go area it seems at times uncertain.Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

I avoid driving that road in the dark. Fond it ok during daylight hours though.

Always travel the road from fedamore over to the Kilmallock road if I have to go to town when it's dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was on the bypass once, pretty much where the Carew Park soccer pitch is, and they were launching rocks onto the dual carriageway...

Advertisement