Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Bah, I always miss out lol

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'll send them later. I might even have a third so I'll let you know later Imimmfn. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Codes, I like codes :) If there are any. Did anyone get bullet train to work? It won't render on my rift unfortunately.

Dead and buried seems to be popular with the people I've shown rift / touch to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Praetorian wrote: »
    Codes, I like codes :) If there are any. Did anyone get bullet train to work? It won't render on my rift unfortunately.

Bullet Train worked fine for me and is a lot of fun. Really short, but something great to try out for free.

I'll send them later. I might even have a third so I'll let you know later Imimmfn. :)
    Nice one, let me know, thanks

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Advertisement

Praetorian wrote: »

Only had 3 spare at the moment I'm afraid so all gone now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The ASW update is actually incredible. It's improved everything for me. I'm using a 7850 card with DK2, but now I can run everything on medium to high settings with not much bother at all. I was waiting to upgrade my pc before I bought the CV1 but now I think I'll just get one anyway.

So how would I tackle the USB3 problem? Is there a hub I could get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The ASW update is actually incredible. It's improved everything for me. I'm using a 7850 card with DK2, but now I can run everything on medium to high settings with not much bother at all. I was waiting to upgrade my pc before I bought the CV1 but now I think I'll just get one anyway.

So how would I tackle the USB3 problem? Is there a hub I could get?

Can you not just fit a PCI USB 3 card and give yourself a few USB 3 ports. There about €20

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smogzy

Can you not just fit a PCI USB 3 card and give yourself a few USB 3 ports. There about €20

This would be the best solution but be aware not all usb 3.0 cards work.

This is the one I have and it works..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FPIMJEW/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Sweet, I'll give that a go. I've no experience in PC building so that's why I was after a hub.

• Advertisement

Sweet, I'll give that a go. I've no experience in PC building so that's why I was after a hub.

It's a very easy part to start with, I'd budget 10 minutes to do it. Make sure you've a free slot for it and get the right size card.
    I'm not even going to give you any instructions besides take the side off the pc, it'll be ovious what you need to do then. You'll need a Philips screwdriver or a blunt toast knife.

this is the one i have, same brand but 7 port( 2 are internal but you can route it out the back ).
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FPIMICA/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

The ones mentioned are approved by Oculus.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    this is the one i have, same brand but 7 port( 2 are internal but you can route it out the back ).
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FPIMICA/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

The ones mentioned are approved by Oculus.

Thanks for the help lads, it'll be post Christmas when all this goes down so I'll be back looking for help then, but hopefully not. Can't be that hard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im sure its been covered already but after months of it sitting around I fired our DK2 in work and installed the CV1 software and it all works well (apart for the constant waring about it potentially not working). Bought Eve:Valkyrie, Adrift and I Expect you to Die. All work fine with DK2.

New years resolution is to get the company to fund CV1 + Touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

what are the chances of getting an extra sensor and the touch before Christmas from the oculus site ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

70/30 against I'd say. I think they've cleared the backlog though.

gizabeer wrote: »
    what are the chances of getting an extra sensor and the touch before Christmas from the oculus site ?
    honestly i would say 0 chance, game.co.uk had touch in stock when i looked last week so that would be your best bet for touch, amazon.co.uk was sold out last i checked. Extra touch sensor im not sure but tbh you could survive with just 2 sensors over Christmas, pro tip, takes a lot longer to setup a roomscale area than you think lol

Have any of you guys tried the Pixmax 4K headset? Reading a few reviews and they say the 60hz isn't great, but the visual quality is a big improvement on Rift/Vive, particularly for watching movies and the like. Works flawlessly with SteamVR apparently. Be curious if anyone here has tried it...it's pretty cheap, around €330.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have any of you guys tried the Pixmax 4K headset? Reading a few reviews and they say the 60hz isn't great, but the visual quality is a big improvement on Rift/Vive, particularly for watching movies and the like. Works flawlessly with SteamVR apparently. Be curious if anyone here has tried it...it's pretty cheap, around €330.
    Royal pain on getting the software to work, to low refresh rate and heavy.; I'd say that's a pass until a later revision.

Has anybody played Project Cars on Oculus home? Never any multiplayer and it never records lap times, in fact if you go through the leaderboards, it appears that nobody has ever played the game even once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi Guys, very interested in getting the rift but just had a few questions. I have the spec of pc that will run it.

A: Is it worth it? I have a samsung gear vr2. What are we talking about difference wise, is it night and day?

B: How realistic are the games? Is there an online community for playing?

C: Is there anything else I need other than the headset, earphones and controller.

Sorry if these have been asked before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe not as much needed compared to the Vive but you need

Hi Guys, very interested in getting the rift but just had a few questions. I have the spec of pc that will run it.

A: Is it worth it? I have a samsung gear vr2. What are we talking about difference wise, is it night and day?

B: How realistic are the games? Is there an online community for playing?

C: Is there anything else I need other than the headset, earphones and controller.

Sorry if these have been asked before.

A. Yes its completely different.

B. Presence makes them very realistic a lot more than the samsung.

C. Yes Room space if you've got it.

I don't think its a great time to buy, looking at what HTC have shown at CES it might be the one to get, https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/htc-vive-tracker-wireless/

Personally i'm not happy with resolution just yet and will wait and see what the next few months will bring. Also wireless is the only way forward but the HTC and Rift both have you chained to the computer at the moment but HTC is about to change all that.

Still if you've got the money and your itching to buy go for it, just choose wisely. Don't think you won't want the touch controllers with the Oculus you will and that will narrow the price difference with the Vive.

The battery lasts for an hour and a half and it's €250. So I wouldn't let that influence you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 slynchy1

Currys selling the Rift for €649 now + €5 euro delivery.

(The Touch however is €50 more expensive than Oculus website)

Over 900 with the touch. Any flexirent places selling it, let me know please.

Over 900 with the touch. Any flexirent places selling it, let me know please.

I know where you can pick up a lightly used Vive for 600 if you can afford it straight out. PM me if you want me to pass on the details.

Sound thanks, but 600 is far too much at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I kickstartered the rift, had a Dk1, Dk2, Rift, and now a vive, It's a startrek holodeck Mk1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Do you want a holodeck or not?

Advertisement