Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still waiting for this to be dispatched. Took payment 4 days ago now. Very back for a sale/impulse buy.

How do I cancel my order? Their website is very customer unfriendly

I bought one 3 days ago and got an email this morning to say it's dispatched with tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I bought one 3 days ago and got an email this morning to say it's dispatched with tracking number.

Yeah nothing like that for me. Taking a long time to dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Still only €1 from my account and not a word from Oculus :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

lmimmfn wrote: »
    It should work, i had my multiple rift's shipped to my work address.
    The only thing which Oculus will not ship to is forwarding addresses like parcel motel. If you have issues contact their support theyre, might take a day though as i assume theyre busy.

Thanks, I opened and ticket and got the address manually approved, waiting for shipping now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hooray, pages and pages of delivery and ordering posts again, be sure and update us whenever UPS adds another random location to your tracking history lads, its riveting stuff, dont forget to post to let us know exactly when your credit card gets charged aswell, remember everybody cares about the status of your package and want hourly updates from now on, we're hanging on every twist and turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Inviere

Thargor wrote: »
    Hooray, pages and pages of delivery and ordering posts again, be sure and update us whenever UPS adds another random location to your tracking history lads, its riveting stuff, dont forget to post to let us know exactly when your credit card gets charged aswell, remember everybody cares about the status of your package and want hourly updates from now on, we're hanging on every twist and turn.

What a lovely post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

This thread's pretty much dead man, is it really that big of a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭Doge

TBF this thread died when Duggy747 stopped posting his reviews for of all the demos coming out at the time.

Hopefully I'll be able to spam the ****e out of this thread when it arrives like I did with the PSVR thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Very tempted by this lads. Is there any rumours of a newer version coming out at the end of the year? If not I can't turn down this price.

Is there any benefit to buying it from Oculus instead of Amazon?

At GDC in March this year, Oculus said that it would be at least 2 years till CV2. ie. Q1 2019. Valve/HTC also said similar or hinted at that timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Calibos wrote: »
    At GDC in March this year, Oculus said that it would be at least 2 years till CV2. ie. Q1 2019. Valve/HTC also said similar or hinted at that timeframe

Valve appear to be going down a modular path for components the revised controllers with finger tracking have been released to developers and the revised lighthouses are ready to go.

No firm release date for these along with wireless for the headset (although thats there already with one product) but it looks like early 2018 so im guessing you could see a revised headset then too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Bit the bullet and bought one. Direct from Oculus.

Will do.

Order Status: Order

Its really nice that everyone cares about my package.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I haven't ordered one, will check back to let you know I still haven't from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Korvanica wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and bought one. Direct from Oculus.

Will do.

Order Status: Order

Its really nice that everyone cares about my package.

Full amount taken from my bank account yesterday and it's been shipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sound! Will keep you posted so!

My order has been sent by UPS, I of course won't be around to sign for it as I work like most people so there will be a few extra days of delivery updates, just for you Thargor :)

I can't wait for these delivery updates lads

500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Would it be inappropriate of me to ask for screenshots of the order status as well? I just feel a picture can build a lot more hype than mere words. Also, I would like to conduct a study which compares the delivery speeds and accuracy of various delivery companies.

Thargor i'd recommend you subscribe to the thread and turn on instant email notifications. This way you'll get the updates as soon as they're made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Order Status updates are all well and good but what I am really looking forwards to is the:

HOLY FCUKING $HIT GUYS!!

type posts.

I think he is mixing it up with the new mobile headset rumored to being released next year.

That will be a mobile VR solution similar to the Galaxy S6/7/8 with GearVR but integrated into one package, but nothing like the actual Oculus Rift.

Mobile is pretty cool though all the same....especially when you have mobile screens with 1440p resolution, some media things are way better in GearVR than they are on Rift (like Netflix).

I just realised in my post yesterday I said "I bought one three days ago and it was dispatched today...."

It was actually two days, today would've made it three. :D

• Advertisement

Does PavlovVR work on the rift?

Or The Thrill of the Fight?

I recommend both if they do

Bambi wrote: »
    Does PavlovVR work on the rift?

Or The Thrill of the Fight?

I recommend both if they do

Seems so, will give them a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

lulzordan wrote: »
    Thanks, I opened and ticket and got the address manually approved, waiting for shipping now

How exactly did you open a ticket? I got same error response.

I cancelled my order with caseking.de yesterday, ordered direct from Oculus and its after shipping already today!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Fian wrote: »
    How exactly did you open a ticket? I got same error response.

https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I've had to do the same, include the full delivery address in the Description field so save some back & forth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Inviere

Just placed my order. Got the email confirmation of the order too, will advise when it ships

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I like the status updates. Not only is it nice when a member of the community gets a new toy (which will also be used for pron - yes it will), it's nice to see more HMDs getting out there even if it's a vive :pac:

I'd love to know the new sales figures for the Rift after the price decrease.

Seems like peolple everywhere are buying the, up.

The future of VR needs it imo.

• Advertisement

Calibos this post is for you incase you miss it in my own build thread:
    Bought that for my PC and Rift. Works a treat.

3AZgeEZ.jpg

Hi Calibos, just wondering if you have one of those VR Graphics cards that have HDMI ports on the back of it for connecting to your front panel?

Sadly I don't but I'm thinking of routing the HDMI cable through one of the Watercooling Hose holes on the back of my case, which will not be used:

422536.PNG

Advertisement