Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

mrcheez wrote: »
    Battlezone was €20 a few days ago, gone back up now.

I bought Drop Dead as well for €10 which is a good on-rails shooter you can play sitting down.

Wait for the weekend sales and see if anything good is discounted.

Thanks a lot. I will check out Drop Dead then :)

Are there sales every weekend or just this weekend?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks a lot. I will check out Drop Dead then :)

Are there sales every weekend or just this weekend?

Cheers

There generally seem to be some discounts every weekend. The games are usually lowered to what (imo) are their ACTUAL values.

e.g. Battlezone is fantastic, but I think €40 is a bit much. Whereas €20 seems like a price I'm more than happy to pay for it.

There are also regular SteamVR sales. I haven't yet integrated SteamVR yet though, so all my purchases have just been through the Oculus store thus far as they make it so easy.
    I'm used to doing everything through my headset (as I do with PSVR) so don't want to have to look at the computer screen at anytime, including when I'm buying games.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to see when something is discounted on Oculus store beyond checking https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusStore/
    (the US$ prices can be assumed to be the Euro prices)

Btw to the new VR owners be sure to +1 the thread to get a VR forum started

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102&page=4

Tethered down to 12.99 this weekend on oculus store. It's a "sit down game" . I'm not too big into RTS games but the reviews on steam appear off the charts so might give it a shot...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431120/Tethered/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I meant to mention that. It's actually even worse than the Oculus.

This is so weird to hear you say that, because the Tested guys repeatedly commented on how much better the field of view was.

They do do some weird kind of image stretching process for the peripheral vision, though - perhaps yours isn't enabled...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Zillah wrote: »
    This is so weird to hear you say that, because the Tested guys repeatedly commented on how much better the field of view was.

They do do some weird kind of image stretching process for the peripheral vision, though - perhaps yours isn't enabled...?

He's talking about the Pimax 4K(2K per eye) he bought not the 200ºFOV Pimax 8K(4K per eye)

Getting a fair bit of cramp in my hands after playing Robo Recall for an hour today with the Touch Controllers.

Anyone else getting the same?

Haven't had as much trouble while playing other shooters, but perhaps the frantic pace is causing havoc with the tendons in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Getting a fair bit of cramp in my hands after playing Robo Recall for an hour today with the Touch Controllers.

Anyone else getting the same?

Haven't had as much trouble while playing other shooters, but perhaps the frantic pace is causing havoc with the tendons in the hand.

does it make you keep the trigger pressed?

i love drunkn bar fight vr but you have to hold the trigger down to keep a weapon in your hand and it will **** your hand up swinging it around like that.

You need to keep the middle finger pressed down alright. Would probably be better if the guns were "sticky" instead. Maybe there's a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

You need to keep the middle finger pressed down alright. Would probably be better if the guns were "sticky" instead. Maybe there's a hack.
    erm never had to hold any button down in Robo Recall or had any strain, are you being lazy and holding it down to lock on or something? :)

• Advertisement

Strange when I let go of the middle finger button it drops the gun.

Perhaps its the way I'm holding the controller. I have big hands and perhaps this could also be contributing to the cramp.

Power through the pain ;)

This article mentions cramp after 40 mins play due to the small size

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/oculus-touch-motion-controller-review,4841-5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Strange when I let go of the middle finger button it drops the gun.

Perhaps its the way I'm holding the controller. I have big hands and perhaps this could also be contributing to the cramp.

Power through the pain ;)

This article mentions cramp after 40 mins play due to the small size

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/oculus-touch-motion-controller-review,4841-5.html

you do have to hold on to not drop the gun. Maybe you are squeezing it though - all you really need to do is not drop the touch controller. That should be holding in the side grip button automatically, unless you splay your fingers.

I don't understand why devs ever went down that constant pressure to hold an object route.

That's not how your hand works

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Some Oculus Connect 4 news.

Rift permanent Pricedrop to the Summer of Rift Sale Pricepoint of €450

New version of Oculus Home called Rift Core 2.0 coming December 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oculusvr/videos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Good to see a permanent price drop. Will definitely make more people invest. Hopefully the Vive will drop to a similar price, to encourage more competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bambi wrote: »
    I don't understand why devs ever went down that constant pressure to hold an object route.

That's not how your hand works

Mine does now, after cleaning my house with this for a year.:P

dyson-v8-1-3.jpg

Calibos wrote: »
    Some Oculus Connect 4 news.

Rift permanent Pricedrop to the Summer of Rift Sale Pricepoint of €450

New version of Oculus Home called Rift Core 2.0 coming December 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oculusvr/videos

Cool, hopefully they give you access to the settings menu and other things that require you to take the headset off.

On PSVR I can do 100% of my console activity with the headset on, including navigating settings. From the moment the console is on till i turn it off i never need to take off my headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Edge of Nowhere is only 5 euros

Edge of Nowhere is only 5 euros

87% off ... madness

Wilson's Heart is 50% off too, is that worth checking out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wilson's Heart is 50% off too, is that worth checking out?
    Yes, very good game

Affected the Manor and Dreadhalls good to pick up as well?

Phew Oculus got me good in this sale

Edge of Nowhere
    Wilson's Heart
    Dreadhalls
    Narcosis
    Affected the Manor

Already own Drop Dead and Witchblood...Halloween's gonna be fun

Dreadhalls. Holy ****balls that's some tense horror right there.

Up there with Resident Evil Biohazard in some respects.

I can't believe we still have to post in a superthread but anyway...

Blade Runner 2049 Memory Lab now available on Rift

https://www.oculus.com/blog/blade-runner-2049-memory-lab-available-now-on-rift-and-gear-vr/

Rift Halloween Sale seems to be up with Daily Deals

http://mysteryroom.cz/oculus-spoofer/

I reckon you can't go wrong with Duck Season for €12.99 ?

EDIT: Bought.. can't wait for this one

New poll is up about the new VR forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772102&page=5

You can decide if it's better to put it under "Computer Games" or "Computers & Technology".

I personally feel "Computers & Technology" would be more appropriate to future-proof it as not all VR experiences are related to games, but I feel it's going to end up in the Computer Games section in the end.

Should we put it in a category that has a lot of traffic or one that's a graveyard?

hmmm...tough call

Bambi wrote: »
    Should we put it in a category that has a lot of traffic or one that's a graveyard?

hmmm...tough call

Do people arrive at the PC Gaming forum by first clicking the parent categories?

I certainly didn't, I searched for PC gaming... just as I'd find the new forum by searching for "Rift" or "PSVR" etc.

It probably doesn't matter which parent forum it's in, although it would be better for categorisation. Traffic isn't necessarily dictated by the parent forum category though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Inviere

It probably doesn't matter which parent forum it's in, although it would be better for categorisation. Traffic isn't necessarily dictated by the parent forum category though.

People browse Boards in very different ways. The site's search function is a complete joke, so I know I'm rarely pressed to use it. Many do choose to explore by category, and putting the VR forum in Computers & Tech would be a huge mistake imo.

Advertisement