Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Hi!!

I need to ask a question if anyone could help me! I just ordered an Oculus Rift from Oculus.com for a Christmas present, I presumed because it was in euros it would be shipping at least in Europe, can anyone tell me where it ships from?? Arghhhhh! Totally panicked it won't be here if it's coming from the US!

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Hi!!

I need to ask a question if anyone could help me! I just ordered an Oculus Rift from Oculus.com for a Christmas present, I presumed because it was in euros it would be shipping at least in Europe, can anyone tell me where it ships from?? Arghhhhh! Totally panicked it won't be here if it's coming from the US!

Thank you in advance!

did you pay in Euro?

If yes, then you should get it in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

mrcheez wrote: »
    did you pay in Euro?

If yes, then you should get it in a few days.

Oh yes I did, I just presumed because it's an american site that that's where it ships from, but there was no shipping cost in the total so that makes me think it is Ireland.

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Oh yes I did, I just presumed because it's an american site that that's where it ships from, but there was no shipping cost in the total so that makes me think it is Ireland.

Yep anything priced in Euro can be assumed to be coming from somewhere in EU/UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Rifts ship from the Netherlands.

• Advertisement

I want to pick up a 3rd sensor. Is there any chance in hell there will be a discount?

Perhaps I can get it cheaper on Amazon, although that ships from the US (Amazon UK handle the customs fees) so will take longer to arrive.

Huge sale on Oculus at the moment.

I think they're going to have daily deals as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusStore/

Racket Fury
    Elite Dangerous
    Wilson's Heart
    Witchblood
    The Gallery Episode 1
    Drop Dead

are stand outs for great value

oh and get Dreadhalls if you want to literally **** your pants and never be able to wash it out since you literally crapped out a week's worth of dung... do it

Project Cars on sale for €15 at the mo. Worth it?

Assetto Corsa is pissing me off with how cumbersome it is to launch so want something seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Project Cars on sale for €15 at the mo. Worth it?

Assetto Corsa is pissing me off with how cumbersome it is to launch so want something seamless.

Probably worth 15 quid alright, even though the second one is out. General consensus seems to be that it's not as realistic as Assetto Corsa but there's so many settings that can be adjusted, I'd say pretty much anyone can find a level they want.

I have to launch it through Steam VR, which is a bit of a pain, but if you're getting it from the Oculus store, it should be grand.

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Probably worth 15 quid alright, even though the second one is out. General consensus seems to be that it's not as realistic as Assetto Corsa but there's so many settings that can be adjusted, I'd say pretty much anyone can find a level they want.

I have to launch it through Steam VR, which is a bit of a pain, but if you're getting it from the Oculus store, it should be grand.

I prefer arcade over realism so if it's like Forza or Driveclub I'd be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I'd say worth it, it is more arcadey than assetto corsa but I like both styles of games.
    Steam version is on cdkeys for 9 euro or so and there's 5% Facebook discount, a tiny bit more hassle on steam but if you change headset vendor in future at least you can still play your games without things like revive. I only buy oculus exclusives in Oculus store due to this.

Just before I buy, I take it there are no problems getting this working with my G29 alongside the Rift?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Just before I buy, I take it there are no problems getting this working with my G29 alongside the Rift?

Shouldn't be. I got a G920 last week and it recognized it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just getting my Rift later this week. Saw a few packs on sale on the Oculus site and thinking about getting the Red Pack. Has anyone tried The Climb?

Just getting my Rift later this week. Saw a few packs on sale on the Oculus site and thinking about getting the Red Pack. Has anyone tried The Climb?

If you were going to go for a pack, I reckon the Green Pack would be best deal with Lone Echo, Superhot, Mage's Tale, Chronos all great

Best thing I can see in the Red Pack is Racket Fury, which is superb

I'm going to buy Eleven too. Table tennis in VR is the most immersive thing ever ;)

Damnit, deal was too good to pass up. I don't think I'll need any other VR FPS after this lot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone else need to buy this USB 3.0 Inateck expansion card?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FPIMJEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it as the Oculus compatibility test said the USB's I had were incompatible. But when I plugged it in, it isn't working.

I plugged a USB drive and a USB mouse into it and it killed both :confused:

I plugged an old microsoft usb mouse into it and the red laser is really faint.

the card is installed, plugged into the PSU, showing in device manager but no joy. so now i'm stuck.

another reason to avoid the Red Pack, one of the games marked down as €14.99 by buying the pack, is now €3.99 for 24 hours!!

Gun Club VR

Oculus store can be really sneaky about crap like that unfortunately...but €3.99 seems a good price and the reviews all seem great

I'd recommend holding off on buying any of the packs until these daily deals have cleared

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FPIMJEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it as the Oculus compatibility test said the USB's I had were incompatible. But when I plugged it in, it isn't working.

the card is installed, plugged into the PSU, showing in device manager but no joy. so now i'm stuck.

I've the 4 port version and it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Pretty sure that's the one I have, inateck 5+2, did you plug the molex from the PSU into it? also I presume you have enough spare juice from your PSU for it? its only about 5W per USB + card but still it may be drawing 50-70W.
    I havnt had a problem with mine at least when I found out it has 2 USB controllers and which ports are on which controllers to distribute them properly.

You could try and update the firmware on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's the one I have, inateck 5+2, did you plug the molex from the PSU into it? also I presume you have enough spare juice from your PSU for it? its only about 5W per USB + card but still it may be drawing 50-70W.
    I havnt had a problem with mine at least when I found out it has 2 USB controllers and which ports are on which controllers to distribute them properly.

You could try and update the firmware on it.

Should have enough power, I've a 750PSU and I've plugged the card into the PSU. I've updated the drivers.

For the moment I've just taken it out and I'm using the 2.0 USB's for the sensors and they seem to work fine.

Eleven is now €9.99 (was €14.99 reduced from €20)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/989106554552337/

This is supposed to be better than Racket Fury which, for me, is the killer app on the Rift (well that and Robo Recall and Lone Echo)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Elite Dangerous is €6.24 on Steam, worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Yes , bargain for that money , super immersive , pick up a cheap stick for about 40 quid to go with it

I have absolutely no intention of buying a gaming stick or HOTAS, how does this control using Gamepad or Touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I haven't used the touch controls with it , not sure if you can but it's fine with the controller

My Oculus Rift just arrived and a moment of panic trying to find my Displayport cable to set everything up properly was there. Anyway everything is running and loved the intro with the robot. This is a stupid question but is there a way to do that again to show the missus when we have a moments peace and quiet later?

My Oculus Rift just arrived and a moment of panic trying to find my Displayport cable to set everything up properly was there. Anyway everything is running and loved the intro with the robot. This is a stupid question but is there a way to do that again to show the missus when we have a moments peace and quiet later?

If you download First Contact, that's the same thing, though I think there's a "tutorial" option under the Oculus app (via PC)

Tbh using First Contact is easier

• Advertisement

Yeah saw the tutorial when I went in there again. Now time to hide away to play some of it :D

Advertisement