Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Headshot wrote: »
    Just bought mine :)
    I was 2 clicks away and I backed out...getting my bonus this month so I will wait till then and it's back on the cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I want one...but i don't.

Would take a 2nd hand one for 250 though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I want one...but i don't.

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd also recommend Quake, plays really good with no nausea despite the fact it's probably the most fast-paced game with the Rift.

I tried Zombie Survival mod on Arma II the other night, turned up the zombies and set it to night time.

Unsettling experience :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I was 2 clicks away and I backed out...getting my bonus this month so I will wait till then and it's back on the cards...

I saw the postage and tax charges and decided that i was hanging on for the retail version

or a second hand dev kit if anyone gets bored :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Lads I'm having a problem. I'm trying to set up a duplicate screen on both my tv and the rift but I don't have an option for it in my settings. Can only have extend, show only on screen 1 or show only on screen 2. I can't play a lot of games because they are opening on my tv instead of the rift :( Did anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't duplicate with 2 HDMI's, had to use the DVI bit.

EDIT 2: This is amazing! TerroRift freaked the crap outta me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Having second thoughts about this, my rift has been in shipping since Sunday. Is my GPU good enough for it.

http://www.elaraonline.com/productdetail.aspx?productcode=MMEE081414

Anyone tried hawken yet?

Just been shipped. :)

OK mine arrives tomorrow, can I prepare for this so its plug and play straight away. If I download slender from Steam will it work with the rift straight off?

safetyboy wrote: »
    OK mine arrives tomorrow, can I prepare for this so its plug and play straight away. If I download slender from Steam will it work with the rift straight off?

Pretty much plug and play, though you may run into some trouble like I did. My HTPC's software for the remote stopped the Rift from being detected.

Once I turned it off I was flying.

Download the Oculus SDK to configure it just right, which will take about a minute to do.

Slender is supposed to be officially supported, you'll probably have to opt-in to the betas under the game's settings in Steam to get it going I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

lmimmfn wrote: »
    theres plenty of us here that own one and im sure most of us would be willing to demo it. Im in the midlands about an hours drive from Dublin so depending where you are maybe someone closer can give you a demo.

That's very kind of you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Whats the best game to get the most out of the rift?

Half Life 2, Ravenholm primarily, then Episode 1 & 2.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Half Life 2, Ravenholm primarily, then Episode 1 & 2.

Where do you download these from? Steam? Is Black Mesa working good on the rift? will it run in VR mode straight away or do you need to apply a mod?

Where do you download these from? Steam? Is Black Mesa working good on the rift? will it run in VR mode straight away or do you need to apply a mod?

Well, I have HL2 + Ep1/2 from Steam. You just opt-in to the betas as they officially support it then when you start up the game it appears on the main menu to start the VR.

Dunno about Black Mesa, either a mod or you use 3D software like Vierio Perception (don't think it supports it), TriDef or VorpX

• Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well, I have HL2 + Ep1/2 from Steam. You just opt-in to the betas as they officially support it then when you start up the game it appears on the main menu to start the VR.

Dunno about Black Mesa, either a mod or you use 3D software like Vierio Perception (don't think it supports it), TriDef or VorpX
    Think Black Mesa is based on the Source SDK if I am correct....Doesn't require HL2

Its arrived, now the wait to get home....

• safetyboy wrote: »
    Its arrived, now the wait to get home....
    Give me some feedback please when you have your first try out :pac:

Give me some feedback please when you have your first try out :pac:

I'm interested in the first impressions, if it is indeed as magical as it sounds.

Master of the Universe

I'm interested in the first impressions, if it is indeed as magical as it sounds.

I can't help but notice an air of cynicism in your tone :pac:

It is indeed magical. Anyone who says it isn't is either crazy or lacks depth perception.

My wrist is in bits trying to calibrate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My wrist is in bits trying to calibrate it.
    It goes on the other head.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I only got mine the other day and I can confirm it is magical. You totally forget you're in a room after 5 minutes, you actually feel like you're in what ever virtual world you are playing. Having loads of fun with euro truck sim 2 and a few of the demos. About to start half life 2 and then both episodes :pac:

over 40 goes trying to calibrate and still failing

Finally after half an hour, I need a break now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

if i buy one of these, can i play titanfall when it comes out next month?

This thing is mental. only done Triton and a roller-coaster.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I can't help but notice an air of cynicism in your tone :pac:

It is indeed magical. Anyone who says it isn't is either crazy or lacks depth perception.

None at all, I've never been more hyped for anything before, I just really hope it lives up to it's reputation. I want to head off aimlessly through Skyrim and believe I'm really there.

looks like you have to buy drivers for portal and the likes.

• safetyboy wrote: »
    This thing is mental. only done Triton and a roller-coaster.
    Please elaborate :P

Please elaborate :P

After 4 hours at 300€, and going half blind, also trying to get an xbox 360 controller working, I'm kind of impressed, but I need a bit more time. backed out of terror rift as I was actually freaked out. Its very impressive but gonna try out a few more bits and make my assumption! The hardest part is getting an xbox360 controller working with W7.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Have you got a wireless usb controller dongle?

It took me an age to get it going.

Each time I want to use it, Ive to go into device manager and manually select the 360 pad drivers.

Pain in the hoop but it works.

Advertisement