Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

macker33 wrote: »
    Well i wouldnt think its too easy if you have to keep checking where the keys are, have you checked out fallen angel yet? looks seriously polished

Just tried it there, scraping 9FPS so unplayable. looks great though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

9fps? thats bad, i need to upgrade my comp anyway,
    Its going to be an expensive year for me i think, new motherboard, new cpu, new gpu, star citizen and oculus rift.
    If i upgrade my 2nd comp i will need a 64bit os and an extra 4gig of ram.

Still be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mrdata.

Any predictions on what kind of horsepower will be needed for the rift when its finally released? Currently using 2500k @ 4.2 with a 6950.Was going to upgrade to a r9 290 in the next month or two but now am thinking about waiting and maybe just getting a total new system to power the rift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Well they say they are planing to have it working on android devices, i dont think it will be much worse than having anti-aliasing turned on.

Its no harm up specing your comp every now and then,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Remember to turn V-Sync off, that's the killer with a lot of demos / games on the Rift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Waiting for this to arrive is excruciating.

Just seen this last night NSFW

*snip*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Anyone using the rift with keyboard and mouse, or a HOTAS/Wheel setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

safetyboy wrote: »
    Just seen this last night NSFW

NSFW

I'd forgot about that ad. It's ****ing great! :pac:

I have a logitech PS2 steering wheel and a PS2 - USB converter I'm gonna try get it working with that euro truck sim later.

• Advertisement

I have a logitech PS2 steering wheel and a PS2 - USB converter I'm gonna try get it working with that euro truck sim later.

I hear its not great because of the resolution:(

urbanledge wrote: »

It's a little hard to see the menu stuff but if you have an idea of where stuff is already then it's fine. It's probably the game I'm most enjoying at the moment (tried half life 2 but I still need more time getting used to the rift cause I feel sick after 30 mins) and love a long drive before I hit the sack for the night :)

Thats the same with Team fortress, its very hard to read any menu's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Bambi wrote: »
    Anyone using the rift with keyboard and mouse, or a HOTAS/Wheel setup?
    yep, im generally using:
    - kb&mouse for Doom 3( can be awkward to reposition your hands afterwards as you cant see where they are.
    - razor hydras for HL2 VR
    - G25( with manual gears and pedals ) for Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Dirt 3
    - cheapo logitech Extreme 3D Pro for Warthunder( havnt played it in a while though ).

the 360 pad is good as a kb&mouse replacement as you dont have to try and find the keys, but the wheel, joystick and hydras are much much better input devices for HR.
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Its grand if you use lots of aa, the main menus are unreadable in the rift but you can press F12 to revert it to normal view and just select what you want from your monitor. Ive done about 40 hours with ETS 2 in the rift, most enjoyable way to play it tbh especially looking back when reversing the truck.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

How long does it take on average for delivery? Ordered mine on Saturday.

About 5 working days. If you ordered saturday then it might be shipped today. Mine shipped around this time 2 weeks ago.

Yeah they ship from the UK so you should have it by Thursday, I'd recommend registering on the rift developer forum and having a look through and downloading a folder full of stuff to have ready.

This works extremely well in the rift I cant wait for the full game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,610 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads what default res do ye use with the rift?

1280 * 800 is what the rift uses as far as I know!

1280 * 800 is what the rift uses as far as I know!

Yes but you do hear some people using 1080p

• Advertisement

The highest my rift stuff seem to be able to go is 1600 * 1200 could be my GPU

Yeah they ship from the UK so you should have it by Thursday, I'd recommend registering on the rift developer forum and having a look through and downloading a folder full of stuff to have ready.

This works extremely well in the rift I cant wait for the full game.

Yeah I have a lot of stuff ready to go, all the drivers etc. Really want to get Dirt 3 working well.

Lads is there anything I can do to make the picture better, I find it a bit fuzzy ya know

half life ep1 is the example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Headshot wrote: »
    Yes but you do hear some people using 1080p
    Set it as high as you can as the image will be downscaled and aliasing reduced resulting in a far clearer picture, also set AA as high as your gfx can handle keeping the fps at 60 or above.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Oculus Rift + 1080p = Good

They said it's about to be shipped, this was last night at 3 am, :( I was hankering for a surprise delivery today.

I wonder would this be worth trying to get rid of the "screen door"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was playing around with my Rift yesterday evening and decided to turn off VSync in the nVidia control panel. Something which for some reason I didn't try previously.

Some mild screen tear from time to time (which does somewhat affect immersion) but the increased frame rate more than makes up for it.

Some of the demos which were hovering between 40-50 FPS are now outputting 60fps and beyond with ease. It's a far more comfortable and engaging experience.

I'd been putting the quality settings on low to get as many FPS as possible, but have now been able to crank it up to much higher quality levels.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    - G25( with manual gears and pedals ) for Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Dirt 3

Is that Assetto Corsa game any good? I know it's early access still but is it worth €35? I'd love a good racing game for the rift without having to mess with tridef and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is that Assetto Corsa game any good?
    Assetto Corsa is the best sim that's ever been made. It's raised the bar considerably.

Advertisement