Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ordered, thanks!

Exactly what I was looking for and they're being really reasonable with the postage aswell, £2. I actually searched Kickstarter last week but never thought of Indiegogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

its a bit of a waste getting it and not being able to use it for 5 weeks from the begining of august( looks like its becoming an annual thing for me lol ).

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

lmimmfn wrote: »
    hmmm, i might sell my DK2 for a profit, its a bit of a waste getting it and not being able to use it for 5 weeks from the begining of august( looks like its becoming an annual thing for me lol ).

Is Elite Dangerous still a crazy pricy for the beta? I was hoping that might be DK2 ready. I was thinking myself there wont be anything worth playing for a while after devs get theirs, but im like a child again, dying to see the improvements myself :)

Just noticed on the order list that you ordered two minutes before me ;)

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Is Elite Dangerous still a crazy pricy for the beta? I was hoping that might be DK2 ready. I was thinking myself there wont be anything worth playing for a while after devs get theirs, but im like a child again, dying to see the improvements myself :)

Just noticed on the order list that you ordered two minutes before me ;)
    no, its down to £50/60euro now, and that beta is starting on the 29th July. If they get updates out soon for the ETS2,HL2 and Assetto Corsa ill be happy.

Actually cant wait for this to arrive now.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Actually cant wait for this to arrive now.
    I dont think it would work well with my HTC Desire S and its cracked screen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I dont think it would work well with my HTC Desire S and its cracked screen lol

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

^^ lol

Looks like we have to wait another week - delayed for sdk update
    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2avo8k/official_oculus_dk2_shipping_update_july_16th_2014/

Ok so finally it begins, getting email on fix your shipping address or CC if needed. Looks good, expect the kit week after next then so :)

Same as the email but from reddit:
    We are preparing to start shipping the new Oculus Rift Development Kit 2. Please take a moment to update your billing and shipping information on the Order Management page: https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/.

Incomplete information or errors with your payment information or shipping address will cause shipping delays.

For people that purchased using credit cards, we have already charged a $50 deposit. We will charge the remaining balance to the original credit card shortly before we ship your DK2. If we are unable to charge the credit card on file, you will receive an email notification, but your order will be delayed until we can successfully complete the transaction.

For people that purchased using PayPal, their policy requires us to charge the full amount at the point of sale, so you’re all set. Just confirm your address and you’ll receive your kit.

To check on your order information and status:

1) Go to https://www.oculusvr.com/sales/

2) Enter the email address you used when originally placing your order

3) Check your email for a link to a page with your order information

4) Verify or update your shipping address

5) Verify or update your payment instrument

Thanks, Oculus VR
    link http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2b38rd/oculus_rift_dk2_preorder_update_july_18th_2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yeah, I just used paypal to pay the balance to be on the safe side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Yeah, I just used paypal to pay the balance to be on the safe side

I paid the balance with paypal also hopefully get it next week

Double post

Credit cards are being charged in the US/Canada and status changed to approved, should be shipping in the next day or 2 -http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2bjnlm/just_got_charged_and_received_an_email_its_about/?sort=new

Hopefully we'll get the emails tomorrow when the European distribution center starts processing

didnt get an email becuase I paid the balance with paypal a few days ago but my order page has changed to "Processing: Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped."

didnt get an email becuase I paid the balance with paypal a few days ago but my order page has changed to "Processing: Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped."

At what time did you order (PST)

PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Gonna be a long wait till monday ha

Squidwert wrote: »
    At what time did you order (PST)
    9:10 PDT

Mine changed to processing also. Ordered 9:12 PDT
    PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

Gonna be a long wait till monday ha
    Chances are you won't get it till end of next week, beginning of the week after if DK1 shipping is anything to go by. Took about a week from processing to delivery.

Mine changed to processing also. Ordered 9:12 PDT

Chances are you won't get it till end of next week, beginning of the week after if DK1 shipping is anything to go by. Took about a week from processing to delivery.

Bah, was hoping it would be shipped out today :(

For DK1 I was able to track by reference on UPS's site using my oculus order number. I didnt get my shipping email for DK1 but I was able to see when UPS started shipping it. I think this time round they may not use the order number as a trackign number since they seem to be random

• Advertisement

:( hope 9:36 here still no word

Still no sign of the new SDK anyway. I wouldnt get my hopes up until then

the cut off point for the first batch seems to have been 9:33 - http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2bktin/is_0920_am_the_cutoff_time_for_europe/
    Bah, was hoping it would be shipped out today :(
    I used the app Track Pack on Android to track mine( only kept it on my phone for future use for things like this ). But it has the history of my DK1( kickstarter backer so would have been in the first few UK batches ), so here it is for anyone interested:
    21/05/2013( Tuesday ) Got Processing email
    23/05/2013 17:50 Original Scan, Feltham UK
    23/05/2013 19:22 Departure Scan, Feltham UK
    23/05/2013 22:32 Arrival Scan, Tamworth, UK
    24/05/2013 02:42 Order Processed: Ready For UPS
    24/05/2013 04:08 Departure Scan, Tamworth, UK
    24/05/2013 18:15 Arrival Scan, Dublin Ireland
    24/05/2013 21:29 Import Scan, Dublin
    27/05/2013 04:51 Import Scan, Dublin
    27/05/2013 04:51 Destination Scan
    27/05/2013 04:51 Out For Delivery
    27/05/2013 12:36 Delivered - Monday so 6 days later.
    28/05/2013 I went on holidays for 3 and a half weeks so i used it for about 5 hours in total before heading off lol.

There was also a bank holiday on 27th May last year in the UK so that might have delayed it and hence no activity between 24th and 27th.

my DK1 was quicker because it came into Shannon instead of Dublin. I remember that it landed in Shannon and then I got it later that day along with a few others on the west coast so it only took 2-3 days total.

Im in the midlands too so to Shannon would have been quicker for me, but as i was in the early deliveries im guessing they just sent everything to Dublin and from there on, we'll have to see if they follow the same path or not with these early orders.

The other thing was the initial batches last year were delivered before people's status changed from Processing and i dont even think they got tracking numbers until after the delivery.

I dont know if Shannon/Dublin makes that much difference anymore, you always see those massive An Post trailers on the motorway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was listening to Duncan Trussell's latest podcast and it's all about Virtual Reality with a slight bias towards the Rift. Duncan won't be everyone's cup of tea as he's a kinda spiritualistic hippy stoner type, but he's smart and funny and you can immediately tell just how passionate he is about this technology. He has a guest by the name of Reverend Kyle who is a big VR evangelist and technologist. The show kicks in properly after about 17 minutes if you wanna skip the intro and advertiser shoutouts.

the cut off point for the first batch seems to have been 9:33 - http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2bktin/is_0920_am_the_cutoff_time_for_europe/

3mins :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

The movie didn't do it for me unfortunately, but this sounds pretty cool;
    Pilot one of the robots from 'Pacific Rim' with Oculus Rift at Comic-Con

Advertisement