Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Oak76 wrote: »
    The movie didn't do it for me unfortunately, but this sounds pretty cool;

God damn, I really hope we got to see a gameplay video of that, i'd love to know how it looks like in Unreal Engine 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Mar 19, 2014 08:37 AM PDT
    Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.
    Did I done good?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Brian wrote: »
    Did I done good?

No, you should cancel the order :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Did I done good?

March 19th?

March 19th?

March 19th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

March 19th?
    Mar 19, 2014 08:37 AM PDT

Your status was updated to processing on March 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Your status was updated to processing on March 19th?

March 19th was the order date. Anybody who ordered before 9:40 am on march 19th should be getting one in the first batch and be receiving an email today.

I, unfortunately ordered several hours later. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Guy in Norway who ordered at 09:01 PDT got his tracking number so hopefully we'll be getting ours tonight or tomorrow morning( not sure if these guys work after 6 or what the story is ).

Got my tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Wooh! Mine just shipped :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Got my tracking
    Congrats man!. No joy here, still processing. I guess I've missed the first shipment but I wasn't expecting it before the weekend anyway. Ordered at 9.10am

Congrats man!. No joy here, still processing. I guess I've missed the first shipment but I wasn't expecting it before the weekend anyway. Ordered at 9.10am
    Same as that, doubt it would be here before the weekend even if it was shipped( no badness intended to others just lazy deliveries from the UK ). Tbh im just happy if i get it before August 7th, sounds a bit mad but bank holiday weekend next weekend etc., but yeah looks like it could be delivered mid next week.

Going to be a bit $hit content wise, ill resub for UE4 if they update by the time the DK2 arrives, can at least try the existing demos, do my own stuff and have Radial-G DK2 version but no guarantee it wont have issues as they dont have a DK2.

Really hoping HL2 gets updated soon, would expect so as they would have had a dev kit for months and should have to just modify it to use the new SDK.

Just joined the Elite Dangerous beta, upgrade from Kickstarter was only 18 euro so...........

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Pending has changed to Processing :)
    3558802-6595549258-tumbl.gif

I'm still at processing even though it seemed like it should have shipped yesterday. Some people in HongKong received their DK2s this morning even though they were still at processing.
    @Brian: Have you checked UPS tracking today? where is your rift now?

@Brian: Have you checked UPS tracking today? where is your rift now?

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

No idea where it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Got the email saying they're charging my credit card. Yay!!:)

Im still on Processing since Thursday, guys in the UK are receiving them even though theyre still showing as processing and didnt get anything from UPS in terms of tracking info etc. So hopefully its moving.

Yeah I saw some guy's 9.10 am order from UK arrived today so fingers crossed for us tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Yeah I saw some guy's 9.10 am order from UK arrived today so fingers crossed for us tomorrow

Yeah i'm quietly optimistic about tomorrow after reading that thread, I'm finished work now till 12:00 Thursday, so receiving it tomorrow would be great.

I need to order a new rig Thursday too, VR will be an expensive hobby :) What kind of GPUs will you guys be using for it??

If you can, maybe try and hold out for the new nvidia 8xx range which could be out in october. I have a standard 780 and I think I will struggle to maintain 75 fps in some games let alone 90 fps for the consumer rift.

Timewarping should in theory make a big difference though so I might be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

If you can, maybe try and hold out for the new nvidia 8xx range which could be out in october. I have a standard 780 and I think I will struggle to maintain 75 fps in some games let alone 90 fps for the consumer rift.

Timewarping should in theory make a big difference though so I might be okay.

I've a 4 year old HD 5870, and that aint gonna cut it ha. I was planning on getting a r9 290 next week and then a 20nm gpu for the consumer version.

That's almost as good as it gets and has similar performance to the 780 so I'm sure you'll be okay with that for now and it'll be a nice upgrade from the 5870

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is dk2 worth it? and for the lads who have pre ordered it how much did it come to? would my 7970 3gig be able for it?

is dk2 worth it? and for the lads who have pre ordered it how much did it come to? would my 7970 3gig be able for it?
    If youre asking that question i would say no, you should have someone demo it to you and then decide.

It cost ~365euro delivered.
    7970 is a decent card, but after having a DK1 and 2x6970's i just went for a 780Ti before Christmas specifically for DK2 and VR. So its a case of milage may vary( you can turn down settings etc. ). Youre nearly halving the framerates with VR due to having 2 viewpoints, so whatever FPS you get at the moment @ 1080p, half it and thats what you will be getting.

With DK1 anything below 50FPS sucked really bad and DK2 needs vsynch on which makes matters worse in terms of performance requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well id love to get one, ive fantasized about VR since i was a kid, just want to get a model worth getting :)
    many issues with the oculus and crossfire? would probably get a lovely boost by adding a second 7970

well id love to get one, ive fantasized about VR since i was a kid, just want to get a model worth getting :)
    many issues with the oculus and crossfire? would probably get a lovely boost by adding a second 7970
    lol, same as that, wanted a VR HMD since forever. I would wait for the consumer version to be honest. It needs a higher resolution and more game support and to be even less hassle to setup( DK2 is definately an improvement on the hassle side though just not good enough yet ).

On Crossfire, no way, dont do it lol, thats why i scrapped my old cards, Crossfire and SLI introduce latency which sux in VR. I went the whole hog on a 780Ti simply because i know i cant so SLI or Crossfire anymore. Down the line, AMD or NVidia might come up with better solutions for SLI/Crossfire for VR, i.e. is currently Alternate Frame Rendering whereas for VR it could just be render each eye viewpoint on each card which would work better/be more efficient for VR.

Woohoo just got my shipping notification, says it will be delivered by tomorrow evening( last update was Departure Scan Tamworth @5.28AM on Saturday )

same, although mine doesnt have an estimate.

Doesnt it have a "Scheduled Delivery Updated To:" below "In Transit"? i would say all the irish ones are in the same delivery tbh unless Brian got his already

• Advertisement

Scheduled Delivery:
    Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.

I think it might be because over on the right handside it shows "shipping info To: <streetname>"rather than my town or county

I guess it may not come into Shannon for me so, damn Ireland and its lack of postcodes!

Advertisement