Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Godammit take my money htc!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

image.jpg

You can go stuff yourselves HTC

image.jpg

You can go stuff yourselves HTC

shipping to ireland works out at 61 bills not 75

still and all..it'd want to be delivered in a limo for that

Actually it's still 974 even with that shipping price :(

Price Extended Price VAT %
    899.00 € 730.89 € 23%
    Sub-Total 730.89 €
    Shipping 61.00 €
    Tax 182.14 €
    Total 974.03 €

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DO IT!

Bambi wrote: »
    shipping to ireland works out at 61 bills not 75

still and all..it'd want to be delivered in a limo for that

where are you seeing €61?

• Advertisement

€75.03 cent delivery, seen as its in the shops about the same time as pre orders are being delivered I'll just go down to GameStop and save myself €75.

Skerries wrote: »
    where are you seeing €61?

I think when you pull the trigger it says the price has changed and then you have to submit the order again...

that or i just bought two vives :(

I think when you pull the trigger it says the price has changed and then you have to submit the order again...

that or i just bought two vives :(

Did it give an option to put in a Vat number?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

lol 75 quid delivery.

It comes on the back of a trained velociraptor.

I really want to know how much Touch is going to cost so that I can make proper comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

€75.03 cent delivery, seen as its in the shops about the same time as pre orders are being delivered I'll just go down to GameStop and save myself €75.

Would gamestop really sell it at the RRP though?

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    Would gamestop really sell it at the RRP though?

They do the steam controller, steam link and steam credit all at RRP, as it's a steam/valve partnership can't see any reason it won't be at RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

The vive is a bit of a joke at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Nedved85 wrote: »
    The vive is a bit of a joke at that price.

not when compared to the cost of a modern smartphone and it is about the same as the Rift but with the essential motion controllers and room-scale tracking. But yeah, it is expensive so it's best to wait a while. I have been saving for this so I pulled the trigger 3 mins after it went live. I had been selling stuff on adverts so had a nice balance built up on my paypal account...not any more though :)

Dont get me wrong it's a cool piece of tech. I would love to have one, and I will get one eventually. But I have to one upgrade my motherboard, ram and probably CPU (Say €500) and then fork out ~€975 for the vive.

Think that is too much for what you are getting with it right now.

I would love to play Project Cars in VR though!

Dont get me wrong it's a cool piece of tech. I would love to have one, and I will get one eventually. But I have to one upgrade my motherboard, ram and probably CPU (Say €500) and then fork out ~€975 for the vive.

Think that is too much for what you are getting with it right now.

I would love to play Project Cars in VR though!

Eh your post saying one thing and your sig is saying another...

Eh your post saying one thing and your sig is saying another...

My Motherboard doesnt have USB 3.0 which I think is a requirement? (Its about 6 years old now.. )

And last time I checked (2 months ago) I think my processor (6 years old) and RAM were struggling too,

Am I missing something?

GFX Card is perfect obviously :)

My Motherboard doesnt have USB 3.0 which I think is a requirement? (Its about 6 years old now.. )

And last time I checked (2 months ago) I think my processor (6 years old) and RAM were struggling too,

Am I missing something?

GFX Card is perfect obviously :)

Nah, Run the VR checker app in steam. Be Grand

Nah, Run the VR checker app in steam. Be Grand

Will run it again after work. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

What do ye think the chances of vr failing and disappearing are at this stage are? i know nearly every tech company in the world seems to be investing more and more into it but with the price of the proper headsets i dont see it doing great. Saying that I am definitely a vr enthusiast, I've imagined it since i was a kid and cool it would be. I really dont want it to go belly up as the possibilities (particularly for gaming once control is properly sorted) are immense

• Advertisement

just get a PCI USB card and stick it in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

What do ye think the chances of vr failing and disappearing are at this stage are? i know nearly every tech company in the world seems to be investing more and more into it but with the price of the proper headsets i dont see it doing great. Saying that I am definitely a vr enthusiast, I've imagined it since i was a kid and cool it would be. I really dont want it to go belly up as the possibilities (particularly for gaming once control is properly sorted) are immense

Don't bother with such nonsense. VR is like the housing market - too big to fail! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Falthyron wrote: »
    Don't bother with such nonsense. VR is like the housing market - too big to fail! :pac:

Television - stupid idea

Colour Television - What?

Don't bother with that internet, it's only a fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Watching this earlier has really tempted me pre order one. Damn that price tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Watching this earlier has really tempted me pre order one. Damn that price tho...

"Oculus Killer"?

He admits at the start that he is comparing to a DK2. I'm so sick of all the factionalism that's developing for products that haven't even been released yet.

EDIT: He throws the Vive controller into the air and catches it, then he declares that you couldn't do that with the Oculus? No reason you can't do that with Touch. Also perpetuating the myth that Oculus is a seated experience only. For someone doing videos on VR he's kind of an idiot about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Zillah wrote: »
    "Oculus Killer"?

He admits at the start that he is comparing to a DK2. I'm so sick of all the factionalism that's developing for products that haven't even been released yet.

He'll be reviewing the consumer Oculus Rift soon. Having only used the DK2, it's more than fair to question if the Vive will be an Oculus killer. I don't see the problem with that. The Vive looks very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭briany

Television - stupid idea

Colour Television - What?

Don't bother with that internet, it's only a fad.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with VR. If VR is something that more or less locks you out of actual reality by pretty much taking over your aural and visual senses, then there's gonna be a lot front rooms around the world with one person sitting on the couch, watching TV, and the other person playing a VR game who might as well not be in the same room. The other thing is the physical aspect - do I have to turn my head and so forth. Gaming, historically, has been a fairly sedentary activity, with some notable exceptions. A lot of gamers just like to vegetate while playing and let all the taxing work be mental, rather than physical. Things take off and supersede others usually because they offer a whole range of advantages and relatively few drawbacks. Right now, it remains to be seen if VR can do this in its current form, although it is no doubt closer, if not already there.

I would love to get the Vive but I don't have much room where it would be set up so it would be primarily a seated experience so would I be better off looking at the OR?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    just get a PCI USB card and stick it in

Vive does'nt need USB 3.0 AFAIK

Advertisement