Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oculus Rift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can win a Vive over at HTC

go to https://viveready.htcvr.com/

Also go to the same on your phone, try not to put your phone through your monitor.

Best of Luck everyone!!!: )

viveready.jpg

Just an update on the vat, if you put in an Irish vat number with IE infront of the vat number, it's 0% rated then, not 23%

€730.89 0%
    Sub-Total 730.89 €
    Shipping 61.00 €
    Tax 0.00 €
    Total 791.89 €

VAT Exemption Registration

If you are based in the EU and are purchasing for a company registered for VAT, you may not have to pay VAT on your purchase. Please enter your VAT exemption number in the box below before clicking the 'continue' button.

When your VAT exemption number has been validated, your order will automatically be updated to zero rate the VAT if applicable. In the event that your order is not zero rated then we will not be able to zero rate this order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Also go to the same on your phone, try not to put your phone through your monitor.

viveready.jpg

did nothing for me after entering numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just an update on the vat, if you put in an Irish vat number with IE infront of the vat number, it's 0% rated then, not 23%

€730.89 0%
    Sub-Total 730.89 €
    Shipping 61.00 €
    Tax 0.00 €
    Total 791.89 €

VAT Exemption Registration

If you are based in the EU and are purchasing for a company registered for VAT, you may not have to pay VAT on your purchase. Please enter your VAT exemption number in the box below before clicking the 'continue' button.

When your VAT exemption number has been validated, your order will automatically be updated to zero rate the VAT if applicable. In the event that your order is not zero rated then we will not be able to zero rate this order.

Hmm if only I owned a company :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

viveready.jpg

The gyroscope on my phone must be screwed because I tried this last night and despite flailing around like demented idiot I could barely get it to register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

did nothing for me after entering numbers
    Ended up trying a different browser and had to use chrome on my desktop and firefox on my phone but the connection was terrible so I couldnt play.

Ended up trying a different browser and had to use chrome on my desktop and firefox on my phone but the connection was terrible so I couldnt play.

Mine instantly crashed using Firefox on PC, and wouldn't even launch using Chrome on Android. Had to use Chrome on the PC and CM Browser on Android.

EDIT: Actually I was just reading on R/Oculus that most people, ironically, can't get it working on the Chrome app on Android. Also, that the games are horrible, clunky and unresponsive, and is probably the worst, most misleading way possible to promote VR. Vive/Rift controllers have precise, sub-mm tracking and fully immersive VR - this website is going to give many people the impression that VR is an ugly, stupid gimmick. PR fail imo.

Mine was very responsive, edge on PC, Safari on iPhone 6s and fiber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Don't try this with an iPad...

I wasn't sure what it would involve and it turns out flailing around with a tablet is a poor decision.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Didn't work for me at all after 3 attempts last night, won't be bothering again. Gotta agree with Zillah, this is a terribly implemented PR hype exercise and has done nothing but given me a bad impression of their operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yeah I don't say HTC advertising this too much but it worked fine for me and my phone was nearly dead and on powersave mode. I was making a mistake on the train one by both moving my phone and body to the side and then I was re-centering my body....but of course that counts as a move.

I could not to the heli one last night but I read somewhere that it can be completed by doing a lewd gesture repeatedly :)

Yeah I don't say HTC advertising this too much but it worked fine for me and my phone was nearly dead and on powersave mode. I was making a mistake on the train one by both moving my phone and body to the side and then I was re-centering my body....but of course that counts as a move.

I could not to the heli one last night but I read somewhere that it can be completed by doing a lewd gesture repeatedly :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

doesnt work at all with my chrome on linux, it suggests that I should use chrome...

doesnt work at all with my chrome on linux, it suggests that I should use chrome...

Get a real operating system you hippy.

I ain't giving money to the man!

I wasn't suggesting you do *shifty eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

May the days of open-source VR be upon us soon. :D

anyone else pre order the vive can't find their order online, mine is just giving me a wrong order number error?

anyone else pre order the vive can't find their order online, mine is just giving me a wrong order number error?

Your order confirmation email should have an order password and an order number in it. Use those together, not your HTC password.

Your order confirmation email should have an order password and an order number in it. Use those together, not your HTC password.

Yea I have and its saying nothing there , might try a different browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Forgot to post this last week,
    Microsoft Hololens goes on pre-order for developers for $3000!

http://www.wired.com/2016/02/developers-can-pre-order-microsofts-hololens-today/

Makes VR look like a bargain!

They're just deliberately pricing it out of the hands of non-developers because they believe it isn't ready for mass popular consumption and they definitely don't want another kinect fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Zillah wrote: »
    They're just deliberately pricing it out of the hands of non-developers because they believe it isn't ready for mass popular consumption and they definitely don't want another kinect fiasco.
    I'm sure they'd love the make mucho $$$$$$$ again off the backs of idiots :pac:

You can pre order these now they don't look for credit card or anything, might worth putting the name down https://manus-vr.com they vive controller fits into them.

You can pre order these now they don't look for credit card or anything, might worth putting the name down https://manus-vr.com they vive controller fits into them.

This is completely pointless without force feedback, given how advanced Leap Motion already is.
    Hw5bYnL.gif

It's like someone investing in steam engines after the arrival of diesel.

How are you going to do that with a controller the gloves are built for it, there's no feedback on the leap, think there's on of the universities in the uk have figured it out using sound waves but were a long way off a commercial version.

The Leap uses a camera so I would imagine that it has a hard time seeing one hand if it's behind the other whereas this glove is getting position data direct from your fingers. It does require something to track the position of your hand in space though. I'm not convinced yet but it's good to see more controller options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

The Leap uses a camera so I would imagine that it has a hard time seeing one hand if it's behind the other whereas this glove is getting position data direct from your fingers. It does require something to track the position of your hand in space though. I'm not convinced yet but it's good to see more controller options out there.
    They were on about it on Linus tech tips WAN show and said you need to strap the vive controllers to your arms, seems a bit much.

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    They were on about it on Linus tech tips WAN show and said you need to strap the vive controllers to your arms, seems a bit much.
    Yeah I saw that too but Valve did hint that they might release a tracking puck for tracking other objects.

Advertisement