Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin hotel rooms Sept 8th

Options
  • 01-09-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Wondering what event is on in the city on at 8th Sept? Travelling down from up north to get the young fella set up in Marino student accom and fancied staying Sat night around Drumcondra or surrounds, everywhere seems booked or extortionately priced. :confused::(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say the event is probably thousands of other parents doing similar.

Maybe if you try B&Bs further out?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

What about the Travelodge Airport South in Ballymun? Would that be near enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

All Ireland Final

Ah damn! forgot about the game with sticks, we Donegal folk are only interested in the game with the big ball:D:D Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

leedslad wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Wondering what event is on in the city on at 8th Sept? Travelling down from up north to get the young fella set up in Marino student accom and fancied staying Sat night around Drumcondra or surrounds, everywhere seems booked or extortionately priced. :confused::(

The All Ireland Hurling final is on the next day OP. Second biggest sporting occasion of the year. The odds of you getting a deal in the Marino/Drumcondra areas that weekend are not good. If I were you (considering where I was coming from) I'd look at options north of the city but close to the Dart line, Howth, Malahide etc etc. They would not be the traditional stomping grounds of most GAA fans. Galway & Kilkenny are in this years final. As most of them will be approaching the city from the west or from the south & will want accommodation that is on their driving route, you stand a better chance of finding something reasonable by looking at the more northerly suburbs...Howth, Clontarf, Portmarnock, Sutton, Raheny etc etc.

• Advertisement

The Travelodges at Santry,Castleknock and Ballymun all have rooms available at reasonable prices.Which would be most convienient to Marino? or should i ask, which would you prefer to stay in, being that it is just one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Santry hands down. It is pretty close to the Marino area. Castleknock is a nicer part of the world in general, but it is over on the other side of the city entirely. Ballymun isn't all that far away from either Santry or Marino, but well.....its Ballymun. Read into that what you will !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Travelodges at Santry,Castleknock and Ballymun all have rooms available at reasonable prices.Which would be most convienient to Marino? or should i ask, which would you prefer to stay in, being that it is just one night?

For one night it won't make much difference.
    I think the 'Santry' and 'Ballymun' Travelodge is the same place - on Shangan Road?

Driving it's convenient enough, but if you are relying on public transport, the 'Swords' Travelodge would probably be more directly connected.

spurious wrote: »
    For one night it won't make much difference.
    I think the 'Santry' and 'Ballymun' Travelodge is the same place - on Shangan Road?

Driving it's convenient enough, but if you are relying on public transport, the 'Swords' Travelodge would probably be more directly connected.

Sorry:o meant to say Castleknock, Ballymun and SWORDS
    AFAIK the student accomodation is on Griffith Ave.

Are you driving?
    Griffith Avenue is very easy find from the Swords Road, which you would come down whether you choose Swords or Ballymun/Santry Travelodge.

If it's the Marino College of Education student accommodation it is easy find. It will be on your left as you go down Griffith Avenue, beside a large housing estate called Charlemont.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Are you driving?
    Griffith Avenue is very easy find from the Swords Road, which you would come down whether you choose Swords or Ballymun/Santry Travelodge.

If it's the Marino College of Education student accommodation it is easy find. It will be on your left as you go down Griffith Avenue, beside a large housing estate called Charlemont.
    Yeah i'll be driving,Think i turn left off the Drumcondra Rd. just after the Home Farm FC entrance,that sound right?

Yeah i'll be driving,Think i turn left off the Drumcondra Rd. just after the Home Farm FC entrance,that sound right?

That's it and then Charlemont is on the left at either the second or third set of lights (not sure).
    To get into the Marino Institute, you go left as though you are going into the Charlemont estate and then immediately take a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Have you tried the college itself for accommodation?

http://www.mieconferencing.com/accommodation/main.asp

'The rate for Bed & Breakfast is €39 per person per night in a single room (or €29 per person in a twin or a double) including a full Irish breakfast. 12 Single bedrooms, 11 twin bedrooms and 2 double bedrooms but most of our single rooms can be doubled and some twins can be tripled on request'

Worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Also, same place but able to book online via here:

Looks to be available that night. http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Marino-Conference-Centre/Dublin/10122

Advertisement