Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toys in your cereal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

redcortina wrote: »
    ah the memories, opening a new cereal box and the foraging for the toy, ending up with half the cereal on the floor, parents were never too impressed. But I was delighted when I got my hand on it.

Amateurs. Before you open the plastic inside bag, you locate the toy and work it to the top. Open plastic bag and hey presto, you got the toy with no mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Doodoo wrote: »
    Also remember saving tokens with weetabix to collect tapes that had probably 2 decent songs and about 10 other crappy ones. Weetabix had 5 (i think) characters that had their own mix tape. Brian and Brains were 2 characters dont remember the rest but one was a girl.

And Bixie was her name......

weetabix9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

Remember loads of these already mentioned, anyone remember the honey nut loop things, where you'd get these glow in the dark balls, think they vibrated too.. Weird.. Glow in the dark vibrating balls.... Let's loop together n all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Who remembers the "monster in your pocket" figures you used to get in cereal? I collected most of them!
    same here.
    mum worked for kellogs as a cleaner and used to get handed large bags full of the toys [either that or she nicked them,as she used to nick stuff like gigantic toilet rolls and cleaning materials from jobs if she believed she wasnt paid enough:pac:], had loads of the monster ones as well as the original puppy ones;had them all collected and lined up on shelves-still have them today and the nearly two year old niece has a thing for them now when she is over at her grand mas/pas.
    one day mum came home with dinner plates and bowls that had the kellogs name and the corn flakes cockrel logo on and said she got them with the cereal,it wasnt until years later had found out she robbed them from the cafeteria.
    -they still do those collect tokens for bowls though,earlier this year had collected just a few codes with rice crispies; each code had to be entered on the website along with address and that was it,got a free tough plastic frosties bowl,its good for the niece when she is over because its light and easy for her to carry,but also doesnt smash if she drops it.

mum and dad were tight bstards usualy and never wanted to get the bigger sized versions of cereals which usualy had the toys in,the smaller boxes demanded token collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

nope not in cereal anymore. god forbid a little brat might choke on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ah I just remembered the Cartoon Network bobbleheads!

they had Grim, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter and Dee Dee, and a load of others, I brought my doubles into school and put them on top of the blackboard and some scummer robbed them and covered them in tippex and marker :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

When I was a child I remember opening a box of coco pops and there was no cereal in it at all, only toys! All the little packets of toys were all joined together still in a big long row. I can see it yet as if it was yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sioda wrote: »
    The boats and submarines that you put baking soda in and the surfaced or moved along

The Irish Navy are using them now, thanks to the cuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement