Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelodge Ennis Road

• 01-09-2012 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Has anyone stayed here before and how was it? Needed a cheap place to stay for a few nights. Stupid question but is there a restaurant in it? Dont see any reference to dining facilities apart from Eddie Rockets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

Depends what you're looking for. It's fine for a cheap place to stay but has no facilities other than Eddie Rockets. They had some new rooms built on not long back so ask for one of them if you're going there. I would have thought there would be other hotels offering more for similar rates these days though, particularly for a few nights if you ring them direct for a deal. There's a second Travelodge in Limerick, haven't seen it but it's one they took over so it might have better facilities and similar rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

tucked wrote: »
    Depends what you're looking for. It's fine for a cheap place to stay but has no facilities other than Eddie Rockets. They had some new rooms built on not long back so ask for one of them if you're going there. I would have thought there would be other hotels offering more for similar rates these days though, particularly for a few nights if you ring them direct for a deal. There's a second Travelodge in Limerick, haven't seen it but it's one they took over so it might have better facilities and similar rates.

Ya there's one in Castletroy but it was slightly more expensive and is further away to the place I need to be during my stay. Feck it anyway, was hoping I could get breakfast there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Eddies do a truckers breakfast :D

Melion wrote: »
    Eddies do a truckers breakfast :D

Ya I looked it up on the website there, it's an absolute beasht of a breakfast. Truckers is an apt title for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

If you're staying there and want a cheap bite to eat in Eddies, cut the coupon from the Limerick Post paper for 2 burgers, 2 fries and 2 drinks at 13 euro. Myself and the mussus are sadly part of the furniture in there every Friday. Love the burgers. The hotel always seems busy too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

The hotel is grand for a cheap place to stay. It's clean and all, can't complain really. But yeah unfortunately Eddie's is the only place nearby to eat, unless you fancy going across the road to Tesco for food!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Supermacs is only 5 minutes in the Ennis Road. They do a pretty decent breakfast too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You could get cheaper in the city especially if midweek and get better facilities as well.

The George, Punches, Glenthworth, Pier Hotel, Jurys can all be found cheaper online. I use Trivago or Lastminute.ie

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Greenhills is off the same roundabout, has a pool I think. That with eddie rockets voicher. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A meal in Eddie's will probably cost nearly a nights stay in Travelodge. :D

• Advertisement

Beer Baron wrote: »
    You could get cheaper in the city especially if midweek and get better facilities as well.

The George, Punches, Glenthworth, Pier Hotel, Jurys can all be found cheaper online. I use Trivago or Lastminute.ie

I did a lot of searching and I couldn't find any place cheaper than Travelodge. €35 a night is about as low as you'll get.

Advertisement