Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question!

• 01-09-2012 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

This has probably been asked a billion times already but here goes:

My question is:

With Trinity College's PDE, because they do an interview, does this mean even if you don't get enough 'points' to get 'in' to the course (if you're one or two short), you may get in because of your subject choices (e.g. Irish) and because of your interview (if it goes well, if you come across well, etc.)? Do they make these kind of decisions/exceptions?

Likewise, in NUIM if you're one or two points off the cut off number of points, might they still accept you because of your subject choice (Irish, say)?

Appreciate your responses! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I don't know but in the current climate, I imagine that there is no shortage of candidates who do have enough points so even if it can happen in theory there's almost no chance it will happen in practice unless you come across as some sort of phenomenal candidate in the interview. I would say they'll have no shortages in any subject area either but again, I don't actually know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭doc_17

In Galway a few years back (think around 2005) they limited the number of business graduates entering the dip as there were too many business teachers graduating.

So yeah, it could be true

Advertisement