Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4 No WiFi

Options
  • 01-09-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All

Im hoping you might be able to help me with a wifi problem. I recently bought the Iphone 4 on ebay but the wifi cant find any connections. I have reloaded the software on itunes, basically starting from scratch again but still not working.

All suggestions and help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Dave
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

tbh it sounds like the antena is not connected inside the phone. if so its plug is probably broken inside the phone the only way to know is to open up the phone.If you are in dublin send me a pm and i can try and help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Can you pick up your wifi when the phone is played on top of the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 davecp2012

No nothing, I just reset the router but the search icon just keeps spinning around finding nothing unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

By any chance is it a UPC router? My iTouch G4 can only connect if the Wi-Fi on the router is set to channel 6. The odd time UPC pushes out a s/w refresh it goes to channel 11 and the iTouch can't see it so I have to manually set the channel back to 6.

It is from upc but its not picking up any random signals anywhere, like next door or Starbucks yesterday.

• Advertisement

I'd be worrieD if you cannot receive any signal at all even when right beside the router that its a lot more than an antenna issue.
    The wifi antenna on the iphone4 is actually the metal casing on the right hand side, so if you are getting no signal at all this may not be grounded to the logic board correctly after a poor repair job.
    check this EMI shield is in place and all screws are attached

some more info here

I will have a look at that later if I can find my small screw drivers. All good input, many thanks.

I just opened it and 2 screws were missing, would this now be the cause of the fault?

Thanks

Could this issue effect the phone ringing? It vibrates only for incoming calls, I have been using it for outgoing calls to use up the credit on a second sim and didn't find this out till today.

Thanks

make sure this metal clip or the screw it uses isn't missing
    No the sound is connected via the black connector down the bottom

• Advertisement

Many thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

I'm having near enough the same problem but I can only pick up wifi when beside the router.Any idea how much and where I would be able to get it fixed

I'm having near enough the same problem but I can only pick up wifi when beside the router.Any idea how much and where I would be able to get it fixed
    Has your phone been opened for any reason?

I brought mine to a repair shop on monday and collected it today, was told it couldn't be repaired, some problem with the logic board. The fact that yours can receive some signal close to the router would tell me that it should be able to get repaired. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Has your phone been opened for any reason?

Yes it was opened to have the power button repaired

Advertisement