Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend away in Belfast

Options
  • 01-09-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking at going away next weekend with my wife for 3/4 night s to Belfast, looking for a deal and advice on nice hotels, things to see and do places to eat, all the normal stuff

All advice very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Lots of nice restaurants.....

My personal fave is Nicks Warehouse.

not the cheapest, but REALLY REALLY good!

things to do?

no kids, so forget W5.....

Botanic gardens and Ulster museum are free, Ulster folk & transport Museum aren't free but really good if the weather is OK.....

Haven't been to the Titanic exhibition yet, but I've heard its very good....

Belfast Castle is nice to walk round and the views across the city are good.

Take a trip round the murals.... though if you have a southern registered car, maybe just the Falls & not the Shankill!! there are bus tours......

things are a LOT less sectarian than they were 10 years ago, but still..... for an easy life don't be wandering round wearing a Gaelic shirt unless you KNOW you wont be accidentally wandering into an area where that might be a bad idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Lots of nice restaurants.....

My personal fave is Nicks Warehouse.

not the cheapest, but REALLY REALLY good!

things to do?

no kids, so forget W5.....

Botanic gardens and Ulster museum are free, Ulster folk & transport Museum aren't free but really good if the weather is OK.....

Haven't been to the Titanic exhibition yet, but I've heard its very good....

Belfast Castle is nice to walk round and the views across the city are good.

Take a trip round the murals.... though if you have a southern registered car, maybe just the Falls & not the Shankill!! there are bus tours......

things are a LOT less sectarian than they were 10 years ago, but still..... for an easy life don't be wandering round wearing a Gaelic shirt unless you KNOW you wont be accidentally wandering into an area where that might be a bad idea!!

Not the wearing jerseys type so think we are safe enough there :)

Thanks for all this info it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Dan82 wrote: »
    Not the wearing jerseys type so think we are safe enough there :)

Thanks for all this info it's great

Try Dukes on Botanic Road, stayed there for a few nights beforee, the rooms were extremely large and very comfortable, the restuarant downstairs is also delish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

and its only 200 yards from China Chine all you can eat Buffet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

Thanks, doing a bit of booking tomorrow so all the info has been great, looking forward to the break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 stephenbelfast

Dan,let us know how you got on...enjoy ur stay.

Advertisement