Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating lc

• 01-09-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

right so it looks like il be repeating the lc and was wondering :

1. am i right i wont have to do irish or english again (provided i have the results required).

2. whats the best way of optimising grades in biology, ag.science, physics, maths ,applied maths and business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

aarond280 wrote: »
    right so it looks like il be repeating the lc and was wondering :

1. am i right i wont have to do irish or english again (provided i have the results required).

2. whats the best way of optimising grades in biology, ag.science, physics, maths ,applied maths and business.

1. Correct, once you have the entry requirements for the course you want with the exception of medicine you don't have to do English, Irish etc again.

2. With biology and maths it's all about the exam papers, keep practising on them and your grades will get better. Do your maths homework every night. Be sure to understand the method involved to solve the sum; if you don't know why you're doing them you'll forget the method. I think using words so maths was a problem until I started writing down bullet pointed notes beside parts of my maths sums so when I went back to revise the chapter I remembered how I did the sum.

For biology think of the information in each chapter as a logical sequence of events and try to remember this sequence. Read back over the work you do in class that night, it really helps. If you don't get class tests a lot make your own tests and grade yourself accordingly. Know the theory before you do the lab work; it helped me remember the chapter better and to understand it. Get involved when your class group are doing the experiement (same reason). I worked from biology notes a lot because there's so much info in the bio book it can be overwhelming.

Good luck. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Nicole. wrote: »
    1. Correct, once you have the entry requirements for the course you want with the exception of medicine you don't have to do English, Irish etc again.

2. With biology and maths it's all about the exam papers, keep practising on them and your grades will get better. Do your maths homework every night. Be sure to understand the method involved to solve the sum; if you don't know why you're doing them you'll forget the method. I think using words so maths was a problem until I started writing down bullet pointed notes beside parts of my maths sums so when I went back to revise the chapter I remembered how I did the sum.

For biology think of the information in each chapter as a logical sequence of events and try to remember this sequence. Read back over the work you do in class that night, it really helps. If you don't get class tests a lot make your own tests and grade yourself accordingly. Know the theory before you do the lab work; it helped me remember the chapter better and to understand it. Get involved when your class group are doing the experiement (same reason). I worked from biology notes a lot because there's so much info in the bio book it can be overwhelming.

Good luck. :D

oh thanks just with the medicine ... does that mean il have to do english and irish again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

oh thanks just with the medicine ... does that mean il have to do english and irish again

yes and a foreign language.

Sunny!! wrote: »
    yes and a foreign language.

well not for tcd and why do ya have to them again (english and irish)

well not for tcd and why do ya have to them again (english and irish)

to make it awkward:pac: no just to avoid people repeating and picking 6 best subjects, and people who do the lc the first time are at a disadvantage.

• Advertisement

to make it awkward:pac: no just to avoid people repeating and picking 6 best subjects, and people who do the lc the first time are at a disadvantage.
    Ah no thats head wecking :confused:

Ah no thats head wecking :confused:

stop! i was repeating with 9 subjects:eek:

stop! i was repeating with 9 subjects:eek:
    so that means if i wanna try for medicine again il be doing 8 subjects again !! :(

so that means if i wanna try for medicine again il be doing 8 subjects again !! :(

i didnt even study for irish and french for me(pass) and still passed the papers. Dont worry about them focus on your 6.

i didnt even study for irish and french for me(pass) and still passed the papers. Dont worry about them focus on your 6.
    Yeah i suppose ha thanks something to think about anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 RachEnnis

I repeated mine last year, and I went from an A in OL Irish to a B in the HL paper, and a C3 in Higher Bio, to an A2!
    I would say Irish is an easy option, with the 40% going for the oral now!
    Biology is simply just all about repetition, do the exam papers! I did EVERY single exam question, even the samples, and focused my study around them. Make the marking schemes your best friend! If you do that, you;ll know the course pretty damn well, and can't go too far wrong!

Good luck!

Advertisement