Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro or Sterling?

Options
  • 02-09-2012 12:26am

I got something that could only be sent to a UK address sent to my Auntie in Newry. She then forwarded it on to me in Limerick. I would like to reimburse her for the postage costs which amounted to £4.45. My question is can I simply send her a five Euro note? Will she be able to use that? Or will I need to go to the bank and get a five Sterling note? Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Personally I'd go with the sterling. Don't know the exchange rate but dunno if €5 would cover it.

Also, Newry a number of shops do accept euro I beleive, it's prob at a worse rate & be awkward tryin to pay for something in 2 different currencies :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

If shes in Newry then there are enough shops that deal in Euros, and she'll likely be across the border often enough that it won't go to waste.

I live well away from the border and I keep a few Euros in a wallet to have on hand should we have a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The fiver should be fine - she'll lose out a bit on the exchange rate but not too much.:)

People are now raving about parcelmotel.ie - ship to north and then they drop it off at a public parcel motel locker.

Advertisement