Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is Bono?

• 02-09-2012 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I am just having an auld listen to rattle and hum and thinking where is Bono?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭forfcksake

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Out saving the world..:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,207 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

France probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

At this hour, he's probably up some Ali somwhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Christ OP you will jinx it and now he will return in his high heels and poncey shades!!

A pox on you OP!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Probably at home thinking how great he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Holland.......counting his low taxed earnings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I hear he's close to the Edge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

So nobody knows I am growing more and more concerned about his whereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

On the bog trying to take the biggest crap ever to beat Randy Marsh:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

he was at electric picnic yesterday, not sure what he got upto today

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hopefully finalising the next album. I want new U2 material!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Bono's lost?
    I didn't know we were supposed to be looking for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

i hear hes in africa at the moment

Hopefully finalising the next album. I want new U2 material!!

Me too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Up his own hole pickin daisies ,getting browned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Somewhere with a lower tax rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Bono's lost?
    I didn't know we were supposed to be looking for him.

He wouldn't be stuck in the oul 'tunnel of goats' by any chance, you could try looking there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

In hiding, there is a lot of Americans in town looking out for leprechauns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

I think he's actually at electric picnic this weekend.

• Advertisement

Blay wrote: »
    On the bog trying to take the biggest crap ever to beat Randy Marsh:pac:
    In the style of Elvis hopefully.

He wouldn't be stuck in the oul 'tunnel of goats' by any chance, you could try looking there

Had to google that :o

It either means I am a comedy genius or...............

need to watch more Father Ted :D

I wonder where Kylie is, or Usain Bolt, or Bill Gates. Or Uma Thurman. They're off out there, being themselves, must be quite cool. I honestly care not if Bono is somwhere on a bog road with a flat tyre, jumping up and down on a wheel brace, with no mobile signal and the missus whinging at him. In the rain.

Pottler wrote: »
    I wonder where Kylie is, or Usain Bolt, or Bill Gates. Or Uma Thurman. They're off out there, being themselves, must be quite cool. I honestly care not if Bono is somwhere on a bog road with a flat tyre, jumping up and down on a wheel brace, with no mobile signal and the missus whinging at him. In the rain.

Ah Pottler...

Saturday night getting to you?

:pac:

Angel, angel of harlem, fooking luvs it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Do Americans still call him 'bone-o'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In a place called Vertigo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Had to google that :o

It either means I am a comedy genius or...............

need to watch more Father Ted :D

Father Ted? I was talking about him stuck listening to this CD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constant_Shallowness_Leads_to_Evil at home.

Ah no but seriously...... Get watching Ted now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

where ever he is lets hope he stays there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

In Degsy's Ma

Father Ted? I was talking about him stuck listening to this CD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constant_Shallowness_Leads_to_Evil at home.

Ah no but seriously...... Get watching Ted now

HAHAHA

I googled tunnel of goats and it threw up all sorts of stuff but all I recognised was Ted and the episode "Good Luck, Father Ted"

I love Father Ted btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Probably **** to his own reflection in the mirror.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

In Dalkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

o1s1n wrote: »
    Probably **** to his own reflection in the mirror.

Better that than the stuff I wank to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Better that than the stuff I wank to...

Even better the the real thing :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

The same people who criticise him over his tax expenditures are the same people that will criticise the government for spending their money so shíttily, I honestly can't blame him and I would much prefer give my money to charity than a bunch of wasters who will use it to feed themselves and fuel there cars despite already being on ridiculous wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

The same people who criticise him over his tax expenditures are the same people that will criticise the government for spending their money so shíttily, I honestly can't blame him and I would much prefer give my money to charity than a bunch of wasters who will use it to feed themselves and fuel there cars despite already being on ridiculous wages.

If everyone thought like that society would be fucked. We'd have no money for anything...

Ah Pottler...

Saturday night getting to you?

:pac:
    Funnily enough, along the lines of "you never know who's on the tinternet", he's a good friend of my sister and I've met him a fair bit. I knew them better years ago really. My sister is "best friends" since childhood with his missus Ali. All bs aside. He's ok, not really my cup of tea, wife's nice and they have nice homes. Beyond that, I can take him or leave him. I can also take or leave the sister somtimes!:) On the up-side, my kids get to meet people like Tom Hanks (very nice, nice kid)and Bryan Ferry. When the Spice girls were all the rage my kids got to meet them. I've quite cool sisters, really. There's probably loads more celebs I've met through them, but most go way over my head and I have no idea who they are. Wasted on me really. I got to meet Clint Eastwood once through them, socially. That was actually very cool. Impresive guy, tbf. Some are very funny, charismatic people, some are dull as feck - I've had a quietly celeb-studded life without ever really looking for it or really giving a toss about it, but that's family - some sisters do cool stuff for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I firmly believe that Bono believes he's the second coming of JC and if that is the case then isn't it high time they crucified him already?

In Dalkey
    On boards,in after hours,possibly with a pseudonym like de edge or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

If everyone thought like that society would be fucked. We'd have no money for anything...
    As opposed to now, when we've plenty of money for stuff??

Tis alright call off the search party I have just found his image in a tin of batchelors beans.

Funnily enough, along the lines of "you never know who's on the tinternet", he's a good friend of my sister and I've met him a fair bit. I knew them better years ago really. My sister is "best friends" since childhood with his missus Ali. All bs aside. He's ok, not really my cup of tea, wife's nice and they have nice homes. Beyond that, I can take him or leave him. I can also take or leave the sister somtimes!:) On the up-side, my kids get to meet people like Tom Hanks (very nice, nice kid)and Bryan Ferry. When the Spice girls were all the rage my kids got to meet them. I've quite cool sisters, really. There's probably loads more celebs I've met through them, but most go way over my head and I have no idea who they are. Wasted on me really. I got to meet Clint Eastwood once through them, socially. That was actually very cool. Impresive guy, tbf. Some are very funny, charismatic people, some are dull as feck - I've had a quietly celeb-studded life without ever really looking for it or really giving a toss about it, but that's family - some sisters do cool stuff for work.

I'll see your "Clint Eastwood" card and raise you.....

With my "Ken Dodd" card :P

Ashley:DKenny was a good pal of my Da's - so was Rod Hull! Oh the class! Old lad was on TV a fair bit in the UK and had some funny mates - Sis actually spent a lot of time with Clint, he is a gym bunnie and hired her to train him when he was over here for a bit - I've very good-looking sisters! Personally, I'm a non-socialite so it is all wasted on me. My mates are always shitting a brick when they see who siss are knocking around with, I usually have no idea who they are. Like everything- wasted on those who have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Hey guys, its Bono here. I'm just having a quiet night in with the family.

Hey guys, its Bono here. I'm just having a quiet night in with the family.
    Good man. Get some sleep, you've tax to avoid tomorrow.

Ashley:DKenny was a good pal of my Da's - so was Rod Hull! Oh the class! Old lad was on TV a fair bit in the UK and had some funny mates - Sis actually spent a lot of time with Clint, he is a gym bunnie and hired her to train him when he was over here for a bit - I've very good-looking sisters! Personally, I'm a non-socialite so it is all wasted on me. My mates are always shitting a brick when they see who siss are knocking around with, I usually have no idea who they are. Like everything- wasted on those who have it.

Ah here now.........

At this stage you are just name dropping
    How dare you put the kybosh on my "Doddy" card:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Tis alright call off the search party I have just found his image in a tin of batchelors beans.

So you found what you were looking for.:)

We have closure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement