Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Career Path

Options
  • 02-09-2012 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'd like to be an entrepreneur or a musician. I'd like to be an entrepreneur to fund myself to be a musician. If I failed at being a musician, I could just stay as an entrepreneur. If you are street smart, good at spotting opportunities & good at anticipating, then you shouldn't need a college degree to get rich.
    Generally speaking, a college degree is a safe way to having a reasonable amount of money. Also, if you do have a college degree, doesn't this mean you are restricted in what you want to do. I'm going take a year out to see where things take me. I'll work part-time, start trading more in the stock market, read a lot of news papers, practice music, etc. I feel as though I can't explore my potential because I'm constantly interupted with college work that I feel no passion for. It doesn't feel right.. maybe for the rest of my
    class because they are sheep I want to at least try and fail, so that I'll know.. because there is so many things that one can be as an entrepreneur.

If all of the above doesn't work out I am considering becoming a doctor? So I ask you: is being a medical doctor the safest way to

A) becoming rich(yeah, I know dentist.. boring!!)
    B) getting attention and being taken seriously without having to constantly make an effort
    C) attracting the women

Yes, I know if you are a doctor, you won't be a rock star or a movie star, but they say the best way to being happy is not to hope for too much happiness

So let me know what you think

Advertisement