Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jenizzle-Youre in the well!!

Options
  • 02-09-2012 10:18am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Next up is Jenizzle.

Feel free to ask anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

How many tattoos do you have?

Which is your favourite?

Do you have a plan/idea for your next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is your RX8 the 192bhp or the 231bhp version?

Are the RX8 really as troublesome as there made out to be? With engine re beuilds etc, only really an enthuasiasts car as they say.

Whats your favorite tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Are the RX8 really as troublesome as there made out to be? With engine re beuilds etc, only really an enthuasiasts car as they say.

Why is there no body moddy beers??

What is the one band youve not seen live that you want to?

Are those me feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Any tattoos you regret?

Will you give me a go of the rx8? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Every time you are near?

Is it because (just like me) they long to be close to you?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

How many tattoos do you have?

Which is your favourite?

Do you have a plan/idea for your next one?

I have three tattoos so far.

P1000354copy.jpg

18_small.jpg

My favourite is my first one. While I love the ones on my arms, the text on my first one means the world to me. It's a Pearl Jam song (of course!)

The plan for the next one is a leg piece, incorporating a few different elements from family, travelling I've done and hobbies that get me through the day :) I'll also get a rib piece when I have gotten myself in enough shape to show it off.

It's the 231bhp aka Exclusive version. Black, with black and red leather interior. I've never had any hassle with mine (aside from that one time I flooded the engine, but that was my own fault). Just keep an eye on the oil level and have enough money for petrol. The tips were replaced when I bought mine, so I'm not looking at an engine rebuild anytime soon. A lot of the ones I test-drove when I bought mine did need the tips replaced, and weren't in the best state.

Favourite tattoo of mine or in general? My one, as above. In general? No idea :P
    Arawn wrote: »
    Why is there no body moddy beers??

What is the one band youve not seen live that you want to?

Are those me feet?

There used to be lots of body mod beers, but a few people have moved on and the rest of us weren't arsed. Since there seems to be a new lot of regular posters, I'm sure it could be arranged :D

Band I've not seen live? I'm quite lucky in that I've seen a lot of bands on my musical bucket list. I'd like to see A Perfect Circle, maybe someday they'll make their way this way :cool:

I can only see my feet, unless your feet are hiding somewhere around here? Where's your brick?!
    Any tattoos you regret?

Will you give me a go of the rx8? :D

I don't believe in regrets ;) (very deep for this hour of the day, I know!) You know yourself, people always ask "what if you regret getting skulls on your arms? What'll the grandkids think?!" I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it. Life is too short to be worrying about regrets! Plus I thought very long and hard about the tattoos that I do have, I don't believe I'll ever regret them.

I will let you sit in the passenger seat as I go very very fast around some roundabouts - will that do ye?!
    longshanks wrote: »
    Why do birds suddenly appear?

Every time you are near?

Is it because (just like me) they long to be close to you?

Personal space, dude :pac:

jenizzle wrote: »
    I will let you sit in the passenger seat as I go very very fast around some roundabouts - will that do ye?!

Can I squeeze in the back? I do like fast roundabouts :o.

If you could get a tattoo by any artist who would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What piercings have you got?

If had to give up one or the other would you keep your tats or your piercings? Hell we might as well throw the car in it as well. Body mods or the mazda?

How do you drive a mazda with a straight face knowing that you've constantly got a wankel in front of you? :D

Can I squeeze in the back? I do like fast roundabouts :o.

If you could get a tattoo by any artist who would it be?

I can fit two full-sized adults in the back with no hassle - there's even cup holders back there :pac:

I'm not as up to speed with tattoo artists as I used to be :o I kinda lost touch when I stopped having spare money for tattoos, so as not to depress myself so much. There's a wealth of talent in Ireland though, so I'd always look at home first before heading abroad.
    Orim wrote: »
    What piercings have you got?

If had to give up one or the other would you keep your tats or your piercings? Hell we might as well throw the car in it as well. Body mods or the mazda?

How do you drive a mazda with a straight face knowing that you've constantly got a wankel in front of you? :D

I have a good few piercings: Left ear - 10mm lobe, 1.6mm lobe, tragus through conch scaffold; right ear - 10mm lobe, 1.6mm lobe, 4mm conch; septum, nostril, tongue, medusa, labret and another one. I used to have a few more lower lip piercings which are gone due to boredom and age, as well as random surface piercings but I had to take them out as my body rejects all surface piercings :(

I would probably keep the piercings over the tatts as that's where my body mod journey started and they formed the person I am today. If I take them all out I don't feel like myself. Who knew that getting a few piercings would make you feel so comfortable in your own skin?! While I love driving and the freedom it gives me, as well as making me terribly happy, I would keep the mods over the car too for the same reasons above.

I never drive my car with a straight face - it varies from :D when driving on a sunny day around the Wicklow mountains, to :mad: when the low fuel light comes on. Wankel is a fantastic name for an engine though, it sounds so exotic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Whats your next car going to be?

Whats your next body mod going to be --Tattoo or more Piercings?

Im pissed because Im not allowed piercings under the new management but I have a job and thats all that matters.

My next question is related to this :

Do you ever get judged for having your piercings or tattoos?And how do you react to it?
    Would you ever judge someone at an interview if they had visible body mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

If you could have any piece you wanted done by any artist in the world free of charge who would you pick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Who are your favourite artists in Ireland?

What tattoo artist/studio experience has been your most enjoyable and why?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Whats your next car going to be?

Whats your next body mod going to be --Tattoo or more Piercings?

Im pissed because Im not allowed piercings under the new management but I have a job and thats all that matters.

My next question is related to this :

Do you ever get judged for having your piercings or tattoos?And how do you react to it?
    Would you ever judge someone at an interview if they had visible body mods?

No idea what my next car is going to be! I might go German, but I have an eye for quirky cars too. I'd love a Nissan GTR :D

Next body mod is going to be my tattoo. It's going to be a present to myself at the end of the year/start of next year. I've kinda pierced all I want pierced at the moment, and I tend to reserve the piercings for spontaneous moments anyway.

I'm very lucky in that my job are very embracing of my modded ways - the tattoos, the piercings, the crazy-coloured hair, the mad tshirts, the whole lot. The only time I get much of a reaction is when I wear my septum ring back home in the boglands, then I get comments along the lines of "what's the story with the bullring in yer face?!". As far as I'm aware, I don't get judged really. If I'm being judged, then I don't know about it. Being modded has never held me back in life, and I realise I'm very lucky in that regard.

The crazy hair has received some really good reactions - people will stop me on the street, or in Tesco, and ask about it. Kids do point, but in a good way. If that's one kid that grows up to be more tolerant then they can point all they want. Older women tell me they wish they had the guts to do it. I definitely think, in Dublin anyway, we're much more accepting of the alternative, and I do hope that if one person looks at me with my pink hair, and sees that I have a job (due to the presence of the swipe card), or that I am good at my job which I've held for 6 years and progressed in, well then that's one opinion changed and my work here is done :D

I would never judge others for their visible mods. If anything, I would think that the modded person may work a little harder as we have more to prove.

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    If you could have any piece you wanted done by any artist in the world free of charge who would you pick?

In the world?! I have no idea as I am a bit out of touch! I've a bit of a crush on Trash Polka at the moment, so maybe Volko Merschky? It kinda goes against my love for ultimate colour though :rolleyes:
    Who are your favourite artists in Ireland?

What tattoo artist/studio experience has been your most enjoyable and why?

Well, Remis has to get a shout out. An amazing artist. I also love Karen Russells work, and her style would definitely be something I'd be all over.

My best experience was getting tattooed by Erin (who is now living in Holland as far as I remember) who did my arms. I couldn't have felt more relaxed. Nothing was a hassle, everything was double-checked and it was really good craic too. It took about 12 hours in total, and by the end of the 3rd session I felt like I was part of the shop and I was gutted not to have to come back! I think you get a feel for a shop as soon as you walk in the door, and there's a lot to be said for the environment you're in as you can feel quite vulnerable asking someone to permanently scar you :pac: I think it's important for the artist, not to only be a really good artist (that goes without saying), but to have the ability to read you and know when you want to talk, or when you want to zone out. Sometimes a bit of conversation can put you at ease but you don't want to be yappin' for 5 hours either as it can be quite draining.

What's your honest opinion of shows like LA Ink, Miami Ink etc.

When you heard/read that there was a Wankel engine in your car, did you giggle a little?

What kinda music are you into?

What's your honest opinion of shows like LA Ink, Miami Ink etc.

When you heard/read that there was a Wankel engine in your car, did you giggle a little?

What kinda music are you into?

I guess it's not a bad thing to have shows that broaden peoples horizons out there. My main issue with them is the ridiculous long-winded stories I feel I have to have for getting my tattoos because of the shows. You never hear of someone wandering into Kat Von D and getting a tattoo just cos it's nice and they like it.

I giggle everytime I hear the word Wankel :D I'm sure if Mr. Wankel went to school in Ireland he would've gotten some amount of grief!

I like a lot of music, but I guess most would classify me as a bit of a metalhead. I love Pearl Jam and I've seen them a good few times but they'd be the lighter side to what I listen to. I like Mastodon, Deftones, Alice in Chains, Anathema, classic rock and cheesy 80's like Whitesnake, along with some random crappy pop music :D

What's the best gig you've ever been to?

Favourite Drink?
    Favourite Food?
    Daddy or chips?

You said you get you piercings at spontaneous moments, any good stories?

What's the best gig you've ever been to?

Favourite Drink?
    Favourite Food?
    Daddy or chips?

You said you get you piercings at spontaneous moments, any good stories?

Best gig wooould beeee... eh... Pearl Jam in Wuhlheide, Berlin in June 2009. It's a smashing location, the weather was awesome, there were cocktails, and the setlist was great. My favourite non-PJ show? Maybe Deftones in Amsterdam last year.

Favourite drink is ice cold water with a dash of blackcurrant or lime. Alcohol-wise it'd be vodka and lemonade. I would drink many, many cocktails but I kinda have to stay away from them these days. I also love a cup of tea with a biscuit :D

Favourite food - I love lasagne, and cheesecake. As I'm currently not really eating carbs though, I have to make my lasagne without pasta (sliced courgette does the job) but it's not quite the same.

I'd have to pick Daddy over chips, as I'm off spuds and my Da is awesome :D

I got my conch punched by Kay in Wildcat in Stephens Green spontaneously. It bled, and bled and bled while I was there but eventually seemed to settle down a little so she let me leave. I'd used a packet of those pocket tissues by the time I got to the end of Grafton St and had to get the bus home whilst badly covering my ear with my hand and blood dripping down my arm - I think people thought I had chopped my ear off or was dying. It was a lovely experience :pac:

You should try Absolut Raspberry and lemonade. Tis delish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

farcical (only answer if you feel like having fun with it):
    How do they get the figs in the fig rolls?
    What's the meaning of life?
    Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
    Why did the chicken cross the road?:confused:

serious:
    What is your job that's so accepting of the mods? The job title, please, if not more specific details.
    What's the worst reaction you've ever had from someone regarding your choice of appearance?

In some ways it's amusing that I have tattoos by both Karen and Remi, yet considering what the tattoos are it was such a waste of their talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Would ya ever consider getting a tattoo of Pearl Jam on your bum?

Pffft! Coffee all over the screen, dammit!!! :pac:

Your favorite film?

Favorite live show you have seen? ( be it a comedian, play, musical, disney on ice :))

Best holiday you have been on?

What's your most embarrassing moment? (that you can recall)

You should try Absolut Raspberry and lemonade. Tis delish.

Sounds nommy *sipsipsip*
    Reku wrote: »
    farcical (only answer if you feel like having fun with it):
    How do they get the figs in the fig rolls?
    What's the meaning of life?
    Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
    Why did the chicken cross the road?:confused:

serious:
    What is your job that's so accepting of the mods? The job title, please, if not more specific details.
    What's the worst reaction you've ever had from someone regarding your choice of appearance?

In some ways it's amusing that I have tattoos by both Karen and Remi, yet considering what the tattoos are it was such a waste of their talents.

Farsical:

I'm pretty sure there are fig fairies that put the fig goo in the fig rolls. Poor feckers though, flappin' about with their big buckets and li'l wings.

I'm pretty certain the meaning of life is 42.

Chicken or egg? I'll go with the egg which came from a magic evolutionary mistake, and thus the chicken was born and we all hailed the magic chicken lord. I f*ckin' love chicken :D Probably why the chicken crossed the road, to save from being eaten by me. Nomnomnom :pac:

In all seriousness - I am a Technical Support Administrator *pushes glasses that have slipped down my nose*. I basically fix computers and phones all day. Tis awesome :)

I can't recall ever really getting a bad reaction from someone. I guess my Ma telling me I was ruining myself was pretty harsh until she came around to understanding why I wanted modifications. Aside from that, I think I got called a hippy back in 2003 when I lived on the Northside :D

Just Eddie Vedders face. On me gee. :pac:
    Your favorite film?

Favorite live show you have seen? ( be it a comedian, play, musical, disney on ice :))

Best holiday you have been on?

Favourite film has gotta be something like Beverly Hills Cop 3. I don't even know why, just the bit at Wonderworld where Axel has the big gun thing (think it was called the Exterminator 3000 or something) just cracks me up every time. I love other films like Hot Shots, Naked Gun and Rocky :o

Favourite live show would beeee... eeeeh... feck, I dunno. I love comedy shows, and I've been to see Dara O'Briain a few times and he was awesome. A bit random, but I went to the London Dungeons last year and that was brilliant. Totally cheesy but the actors were great and I really enjoyed it! Does that count?!

The best holiday I was on has got to be my driving holiday from Berlin to Marseille via Munich, Switzerland, Milan and Nice in 2010. I needed some time out to myself and I just loved not knowing what was going to be on the otherside of the tunnel when I was driving along. I also got to do Stelvio Pass in Italy which is one of the best driving roads in the world and it was just breath-taking. It really inspired me as there is so much of the world that you don't get to see, and now I just wanna see it all. Driving everywhere, of course :cool:
    What's your most embarrassing moment? (that you can recall)

I fell over on the school bus when I was about 14. Bus of about 50 teenagers pointed and laughed. It was very traumatic :pac: Aside from that, I fell over last week dancing to Slayer when I was pished - that was pretty embarrassing, especially as I near my 30's, I think I should have more sense than that, but no such luck :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My dinner is now on my monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You do know a tattoo isn't the same as having Eddie Vedders actual face there, right? :D

What are the top 5 things about being you?

Spicy food or meat and two veg? (food, no metaphor there!)

If you could swap places with any one person for the day, who would it be and why?

As a nerdy computer/phone person, do you prefer IOS, Android or Windows Mobile? :pac:

• Advertisement

You do know a tattoo isn't the same as having Eddie Vedders actual face there, right? :D

What are the top 5 things about being you?

Spicy food or meat and two veg? (food, no metaphor there!)

If you could swap places with any one person for the day, who would it be and why?

As a nerdy computer/phone person, do you prefer IOS, Android or Windows Mobile? :pac:

I am aware that tattoo =/= face. Thanks for ruining my evening :pac:

Top 5 things about being me? Feck!
    - I guess for all the moaning I do, I actually do have a good life, and l get to have lots of adventures
    - I don't hate my job
    - I can go to many, many places and find someone I know there
    - The people I know are insane and awesome
    - I am also awesome :D

I like spicy food, but only as spicy as a good hot sauce, not curry-spicy. I do get the odd craving for Mammys dinners though - overcooked veg and a crap pork chop :rolleyes:

Trying to think who I'd swap places with - I'll come back to that one as I've a feeling it's gonna be a long-winded answer :o

And Android FTmotherf'inW! While iPhone might have their sh*t together so that you can take a phone out of the box and use it (once you figure out how to put the SIM card in), I hate that they force iTunes on their customers. Whereas I plug my phone in, transfer data like it's a drive, and carry on my merry way. I've a Samsung Galaxy S Advance at the moment, and it has changed my life :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement