Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man in critical condition after Co Clare shooting incident

• 02-09-2012 11:08am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Link

Seems there was a targeted shooting in Bunratty last night. I have heard the victim was known to police. Looks like gangland limerick has it's own opinions on border extensions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I dont see a mention anywhere about gangland limerick do you? No criminals in Clare no?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

kilburn wrote: »
    I dont see a mention anywhere about gangland limerick do you? No criminals in Clare no?

I heard the name of who it was, and what they'd been convicted of earlier. As it wasn't in media, I didn't post his name.

I can see it is reported elsewhere now though.
    A man who acted as a lookout while a mother and her two children were subjected to a petrol bomb attack has been shot in the head

21 year old Robert Sheehan, who is in a critical condition, was at a family wedding at the Bunratty Castle hotel this morning when he was gunned down by two men after he stepped outside for a cigarette.

The Limerick man was sentenced to two years behind bars in 2007 after he pleaded guilty to recklessly endangering the lives of Gavin and Millie Murray, who both suffered horrific burns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I think Clare acquired many of Limericks thugs through regeneration, what a fricking great idea that was. A lot of the ones that aren't in Clare as a result of regeneration are here on the grounds that they'll be attacked in Limerick due to their criminal activities there. So they're being housed out here and destroying the communities they're being housed in. I have to laugh at the falling crime statistics in Clare, tell that to the people affected by violent criminals from Limerick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wont be the only one to think it but good enough for the cúnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

A few things here -

First, he wasn't here because of relocation. He was merely attending a wedding in Clare.

Second, it more than likely was not gangland related. The man who was shot was one of the two men who threw a Molotov cocktail into a car filled with children and caused them horrendous injuries all because their mother, who was not involved in any criminality, refused to let the two drunken off their face on drug teens into her car to give them a lift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Should'nt have been at a wedding in Bunratty in the first place, he should be rotting in prison for life for has part in that terrible crime committed to those 2 innocent little kids. :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ongoing legal case so no place for discussion here according to Irish law.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement