Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums you bought that only had 1-2 good songs on them

Options
  • 02-09-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

I remember I got Billy Idol's greatest hits on account of White Wedding and Rebel Yeah. Everything else on the album sucked. Something similar happened when I got The Sword's album Warp Riders because of Tres Brujas and the cover artwork. Great song and artwork but all the other songs were quite boring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I suppose Radiohead's first album Pablo Honey would fall into this category. One classic song, Creep, a few OK tracks but overall very ropey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I think it's more passable than ropey or maybe that's my nostalgia for the album talking. I like it moreso now considering the route they've gone. They used to be a rock band back in those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies

The first 2 songs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 BigCatInJapan

Tubular bells only had two good tracks on the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

St. Anger.

Sweet Amber and All Within My Hands aside it's pretty hard going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

St Anger, Load & Re-Load

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The 'Black Album' (Metallica). When it first came out, the only thing, I liked, was the cover artwork. But now, 'Nothing else matters' is quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Candiria - What Doesn't Kill You

The track being Remove Yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Fear Factory's remix album Remanufacture is the one that stands out for me, "Genetic Blueprint (New Breed)" was the only only excellent song on the album in my opinion, with one or two others only creating a slight bit of an impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

scudzilla wrote: »
    St Anger, Load & Re-Load

Load is a pretty decent album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The 'Black Album' (Metallica). When it first came out, the only thing, I liked, was the cover artwork. But now, 'Nothing else matters' is quite decent.

Ah come on...............there's hardly a bad track on that album....? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I have to disagree with Warp Riders being mentioned, it's probably The Sword's strongest album imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The new Cancer bats album - Dead set on living.

Maybe it's just that I haven't listened to it enough yet though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Audioslave, Revelations - Wide Awake and One and the Same are the only goods tunes

Mastodon, The Hunter - Curl of the Burl and Black Tongue

AC/DC, Fly on the Wall - Shake Your Foundations and First Blood

The Darkness, One Way Ticket... - Bald is the only good song. the rest is self-indulgent rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Rocks is pretty much the only decent song on Primal Scream's Give Out But Don't Give Up

Advertisement