Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card

Options
  • 02-09-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I have a standard AIB visa at the moment and I'm thinking of moving it to Tesco, what kind of credit limit do they normally give a new customer?
    My limit is €4500 at the moment and my husband has a card on the account as well, is this possible with the Tesco card?

Also is it possible to check the account online now?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

There quite restrictive with credit limits. I got 3k when my AIB is over 10k.

It is possible to get additional Cardholders but no online banking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Anyone who puts €10k on a credit card is crazy! (or extremely rich!)

In my view, if your credit limit exceeds your capacity to pay it off each month, its too high. You would be better off with an overdraft, or a term loan

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

homer911 wrote: »

In my view, if your credit limit exceeds your capacity to pay it off each month, its too high. You would be better off with an overdraft, or a term loan

Nonsense
    Your opinion is absolutely pointless, better check a definition of a credit card because you have no idea what is it.
    There is something called credit utilization measures the amount of your credit limit that's being used and counts 30% of your credit score. The higher your credit card balance, the lower your credit utilization and the more your credit score is hurt. It's best to keep your credit card balances within 10% to 30% of your credit limit.
    So you may have €5-10k credit limit and it is OK if you know how to use the credit card in a good manner.

Tesco Bank does not provide online access for their irish tesco credit card accounts. However there is in UK, a kind of discrimination?
    That's true, Tesco Bank is very strict in relation to a credit limit for new customers, it could be min €250 even.
    Credit limit can be reviewed after 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

homer911 wrote: »

All I can presume is you dont understand how credit cards work. Its a limit. The fact I have a 10k limit doesnt mean I go anywhere near it. However, it saved me on a trip to the US when I needed urgent medical care and they couldnt get in touch with insurance company. Without my credit card . would have been snookered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement