Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing courses?

• 02-09-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey,
    I'm currently studying CK402 in UCC and want to change....this is a level 8 and I was looking at a level 7. Do you have to apply through CAO or can you do it through the college since they are both courses in UCC?!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Firstly, it's the CAO and secondly... UCC doesn't have any level 7 courses so you must be mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

Firstly, it's the CAO and secondly... UCC doesn't have any level 7 courses so you must be mistaken.

Kind of wrong, you do it through the college if you're in 1st year.

I switched from BIS to Computer Science, just go to the 1st year head (assuming you're in first year) which I think is/was Noreen? :confused:

They can transfer over credits if they're similar courses (for example I had already done statistics and programming, so I didn't have to pay for/do those and the results I got from BIS were transferred over) or even just skip you ahead a year (they offered me to go straight into 2nd year, but I refused)

If you're in 2nd/3rd year then you may have to apply through the CAO again if they aren't similar courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

JohnyDarko wrote: »

I switched from BIS to Computer Science, just go to the 1st year head (assuming you're in first year) which I think is/was Noreen? :confused:

They can transfer over credits if they're similar courses (for example I had already done statistics and programming, so I didn't have to pay for/do those and the results I got from BIS were transferred over) or even just skip you ahead a year (they offered me to go straight into 2nd year, but I refused)

If you're in 2nd/3rd year then you may have to apply through the CAO again if they aren't similar courses

Nope, I'd to move from Biochem to Arts, had to reapply through the CAO. Best to contact Noirin Deady and ask yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neddy21

JohnyDarko wrote: »

Thanks, yeah I'm in first year. I think I'll go into the college and see what my options are! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Uoga

Neddy, any luck with the course change? Where did you go, who did you ask?

• Advertisement
Advertisement